Thread: Titan Gun Vault
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 3:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RoDiN View Post
DO you use it in the vehicle? If so is it mounted? Cable lock? Or just kinda in your car?
Mine is not mounted as I've been too lazy do it. I also care not for 12025's prohibitions as it doesn't apply to me due to a professional exemption (12027 - 830.1).

However, I only use the box when traveling and not carrying it on my hip or if I have to enter a fed. building and need to leave it in the car, etc...

I don't think that mounting it makes it a prohibited "utility compartment" as it is not very utilitarian in its sole use purpose. But I understand why some get paranoid and place restrictions on themselves when interpreting codes broadly (like keep a lock between the gun and ammo and other such advice not required by PC).
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria http://www.a-human-right.com/