Thread: Titan Gun Vault
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RoDiN View Post
http://titangunvault.com/

I was at the Costa Mesa gun show this weekend when I came across this item. At first it looked like every other gun vault but at second glance I noticed the vault actually had a second compartment for a magazine. (The magazine holder is an add on part and will be available later on next month from what i was told.) The person who created this safe is apparently an engineer. He told me since the magazine was locked and in a seperate compartment, it would be legal to carry a full magazine, unloaded gun anywhere in the vehicle as long as the vault was locked. You can choose your combo, even make it a single button. Also another cool feature, if you park your car outside, when you open the vault, there is a piece of metal you can remove from inside to take the vault out and carry it like a briefcase. I just thought it was really cool and was tempted to purchase it, but I first needed your opinions. How legal is this. The man said it was DOJ approved, but Im sure just the vault is. Not sure about the legality of the loaded mag. Im sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a search and didnt find anything.
I'll take (a little) credit for pushing him (at one of the shows about two-three years ago) to design the locked loaded mag add-on compartment! Glad to see he's working on it!!! I call it the "serf's ccw". I own two and they work great!
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria http://www.a-human-right.com/

Last edited by Liberty1; 08-19-2008 at 12:20 PM..