Thread: The Fix by Q
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 1:44 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post
Iím having Marc at Spartan Precision Rifles build me a rifle, it isnít cheap but heís a good guy and will build you whatever you want. Iíd rather have a custom gun than an off the shelf Fix or LaRue rifle.
Buying a rifle of this quality is like buying a suit. There are jackets and pants you can find at Ross or whatever that you might be able to match. Then, there are stores like Macy's Nordstrom's, or similar, which I would equate to the Fix. Both of these categories will work just fine if you are both willing to compromise and are of average build/height that fits into their ranges.

If you have the means, then you can get a custom suit tailored to you. This is where people like Marc come into play. You have a list of specific things you want of your rifle, Marc will make it work with quality and accuracy. He stands behind his work, and you will get exactly what you want. While his wait time is potentially longer than other smiths, it's well worth it. If you are in the bay area, I highly suggest you take advantage of being in each other's backyard and get in touch with him. Feel free to PM me, and I can meet you there. I'm there pretty frequently anyway, planning more builds.

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
I always thought nothing beat a BJ. :shrug:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
Beta O'rourke can suck a dick.
And they say gun lovers are homophobic. :)