View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 10:19 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
I signed up for an intro course at Richmond for June 8th. I haven't done a match in a few years and getting my wife into it.

We can't make the June 8th new shooter at Richmond anymore and it doesn't look like many are held there.

How many USPSA matches are held in and around the Bay Area? I'm starting to think there aren't many matches held around here.

Looks like it's only Linden or Richmond since USI is down. Linden has a new USPSA course/class but it was in April. Not sure if they're having another anytime soon.

Both these ranges appear to require an intro course in order to get registered in a match.
I'm one of the instructors for the Richmond course. We used to do 12 classes a year, but this year we have 20 scheduled because of the demand. The issue is that we have to limit the class to 12 shooters for the safety of the instructor and students, and there is a huge demand to start shooting competitively.

USPSA competitions are currently held at Richmond, Davis, Sacramento, Lincoln, and Linden (east of Stockton). Lots of options if you are willing to drive a little. Just search Practiscore.com.

Note that if you cannot make the June 8th class, contact the Class Coordinator (scachia1@gmail.com) and see if you can trade with someone in the June 15th, July 13th, or July 20th classes.