View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
I love my mossberg 500, I had one and sold it then missed it so much I bought another one. It is a tank.

Major difference between 870 and 500 is the trigger guard safety vs tang safety. I prefer tang safety on the 500. Also the bolt carrier is a little more complicated on the 500, the 870 is a little easier to reassemble if you're not super mechanically inclined.

I personally enjoy working on complicated guns, but the ease of of field stripping my A300 is really amazing, I can take the whole thing apart with one punch. My 930 JM pro is a much different experience.
I think the biggest difference is the shell lifter on the Mossberg is in the up and out of the way position when you're loading. The Remington's is down and in the way.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur