View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 8:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

FYI, this is unofficial since it is not in writing, but I called the CA DOJ to ask the question what needs to be done with respect to a military person returning to CA with respect to firearms bought out of state when stationed outside of CA. I was told that CA residency is defined by the CA vehicle code and that CA does not consider a military person stationed out of state to be a CA resident. I was told that the procedure for a person from CA who was in the military stationed out of CA would be to fill out the new resident form. Only CA legal firearms could be brought in, no so-called a-salt weapons, but that firearms brought in would not have to be on the roster.

I was also told that when a military person is stationed in CA, CA does not consider them a resident, but they are allowed to buy firearms.

I am only relaying what I was told, so I can only say what I was told. Any reasoning would be a guess and I can't say that it is actually true or not. It was recommended that if there were any additional questions to ask an attorney, but the CA DOJ can change their view, so I am not sure if that would really help much. I asked the questions as a CA FFL, which may or may not mean anything.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein