View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 9:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll post the docs later, but here is a basic background from my point of view allowing Ben to comment on some of his details separately.

I acquired the interest in 2 Lauers from other CGN members. I filed for a LEGR on my two lowers that I got back in mid July of this year. I engaged Don Kilmer to and filed the LEGR and a pleasant request for release of those lowers directly to me pursuant to the law in late July.

We hadn't heard back from BoF so we sent a less pleasant demand (including a threat of legal action) but it turns out that our demand and Alison Merrilees' response crossed in the mail. She claimed that because I didn't own the lowers when seized I couldn't claim my own property. She also tried to claim that I couldn't get them back because they weren't registered in AFS (read a handgun or an AW) which is just laughable.

We responded asking telling her she was wrong on the law and demanding to know why she was claiming that long guns were registered in California. We then told her that we would accept her transferring the lowers to an FFL of mutual convenience for final transfer to me and gave her seven days which was the end of August.

We didn't hear anything back and began drafting a lawsuit for violation of my due process rights under the 14th and 5th.

Alison, under pressure from us and from TMLLP on Ben's behalf, finally sent a letter in mid September stating that she was closing her supposed investigation and instructing Ben to tell BoF where to send the lowers.

Due to some crazy schedules (try co-ordinating two law firms and two busy entrepreneurs plus an FFL ) it took us some time to get the pickup arranged.

Yesterday (Wed Dec 19) Don Kilmer and the Milpitas FFL drove to the BoF training center in Rancho Cordova and picked up 219 off list lower receivers. A small group of us got together for a celebratory steak and to plan some more new trouble that we'll be talking about in the new year.

Merry Christmas Calguns!

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

Last edited by hoffmang; 12-20-2007 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Keep the client and lawyer straight...