View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 9:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
Refusing to sell to individual LEOs will have no impact on the politics of it, since those that make the laws, and the political LEOs (Chiefs and Sheriffs) who support those politicians could really care less about the rank and file in this area.
Not true since things like this do happen to get media attention. That is what can cause change. If people don't stand up for what it right, then nothing will change. The officers, through their Union, can also take a stand as well, but they won't unless there is something in it for them. If they can no longer get the non-roster firearms for their personal use, then that would be the something in it for them.

Quote:
I look at it this way, any opportunity to get another off roster handgun into California is a good thing. That LEO spending money on off roster guns may get married, have kids, have a financial situation where he needs to sell them to raise cash, or he may simply decide he doesnt like it after all. I sold several off roster guns that after firing or carrying I decided I didn't like it anymore. Every one went to a non-LEO via ppt.
That is true and that is a good aspect, although it seems that the government would like to have this shut down, which, clearly, the officers would be against.

Currently, LEO can profit from the law. Those who don't go too far can get away with it, those that do can be made an example of.

How much profit did you make by selling the used firearms? I suspect each went for more than you paid. If that is the case, then you personally profited by the law, which is also wrong, but you did make it possible for someone in CA to get a firearm that they wanted. This is also part of the issue.

Quote:
I'd really like to see more places where LE could buy such guns they can't afford and sell to non-LE.
Hmmm, are your suggesting illegal straw purchases? Take a look at what is going on in the Sacramento area, which I personally don't consider a straw purchase, but the government seems to.

Quote:
Just my $0.02 worth fellas. I thought the roster was stupid before I retired, and still feel that way after two years of retirement.
Yep, but what is being done about it? I hear there is a lawsuit, but that is taking far too long.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein