View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 2:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A little more clarity here on CGF’s victory against the Riverside County Sheriff. The County filed a non-opp to a preliminary injunction and settled the case by agreeing to a permanent injunction.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...26265.33.0.pdf

Sue over a non-issue, Defendant responds, “sure, whatever,” and declare victory.

So the County rolled over and stipulated to an injunction that prevents the County from not accepting CCW applications from non-citizen legal residents because essentially “this wasn’t our policy anyway so we don’t care if we’re enjoined from not doing something we weren’t doing in the first instance.”

I stand by what I said earlier, I think this effort was a huge waste of money. This probably could have been solved with a demand letter, but I guess that doesn't generate headlines like a lawsuit does. You know, the kind of headlines that get used for political purposes right before an election and also to solicit donations. Meanwhile, I am still sitting here in LA County with no chance at a CCW, but it's all good because resident aliens in Riverside County can get a CCW.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.

Last edited by BumBum; 06-02-2019 at 2:07 PM..