View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 8:24 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips
Default Help fund kevrok805's adventure on gofundme (Ventura County)

Calguns members are raising money to hook up a fellow member.
For the full story see this thread: disabled and need help

I've set up a fundraiser on gofundme.com please go here to donate:

http://www.gofundme.com/cgn-kevrok805

Important!!! Please use opsec on gofundme, no mention of Guns, Ammo, Shooting etc.
Payments are no longer being taken. We surpassed our goal!

Note: The page is disabled for search on the gofundme site so use the address above. Also know that the site will collect a 5% commission and the payment processor collects 2.9% + .30 for each contribution. This was the cleanest way I know to make this happen so we'll just have to live with the fees. You can use any debit or credit card and there are no fees on the front end. If you feel you must use check or money order, pm me and we'll see if we can make it work but the prefered method is to use the site.

Here's a general outline of what we're shooting for, taken from my post in the original thread:

Funds used for
1. Boomstick of choice including fees, taxes etc ($5 - 700)
2. Ammo ($???)
3. Lock box (if he doesn't already have one) ($???, eta: crmxer has offered to get a lock box once we know what he's going to purchase)
4. Range membership close to kevrok805, preference to a CGN friendly range. ($0, Membership donated by Island View Enterprises shooting range and shop in Ventura)
5. Leftover funds either cash to kevrok805, donation to charity of his choice, or maybe funds for a shoot n que. I'd reserve the right to make the final call on any extras but it would definitely be one of the above options.

Estimated Timeframe:
Aiming for $1500 by next Friday 03-01 and get kevrok805 set up that weekend.

Thanks to Baboosh for kicking this off in a big way, IVE for their substantial contribution eta: and vlineind.com for keeping the gifts safe!

I'd like to keep this thread clean and only use for "I'm ins" or specific questions about the donation phase.
Please continue general discussion in the original thread: disabled and need help

Last edited by readysetgo; 03-01-2013 at 11:10 PM..