View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 5:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatoiry View Post
Everything I've read about critical defense seems like a gimmick. It doesn't pass FBI protocols and it seems like they somehow turned that around into a selling point for home defense. If I'm trusting an ammo to protect myself & my family I'm sticking with what's been field tested and reliable. Critical defense had a history of FTF's and any ammo that slaps a different coloured plug and says it's for zombies pretty much confirms to me it's a joke.
About the FTFs, I've had one when inserting a mag forcefully in my M&P with the slide open. Repeated it many times without an issue and never had a FTF other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
Interesting posting and a good read. Can you please give me more info on the ammo failing the FBI trails? It would help me out as the topic is very interesting to me. Thanks
From earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Critical Duty is designed for the FBI penetration tests, i.e., at least 12 inches of penetration in gel after passing through glass/wood/wallboard/etc.

Last edited by vliberatore; 02-23-2013 at 5:15 PM..