Thread: Sacramento
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 7:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Turned in my class completion cert with the 3 handguns listed on it.

They were breaking in a new guy today so my process took a little longer than it should in the future. I was scheduled for a 9:30 appt (LOVE the online scheduling app!), arrived at 9:15, and barely sat down when I and another fellow (already there for his 9:20) were called up.

Very straightforward. Hand over the cert, sign the blank license, thumbprint *here* and *here*. Told it would arrive via cert mail in 7-14 days.

Wow, can't believe the long-awaited day is finally here! I've been pursuing this since Sept 28th and not letting the grass grow under my feet (taking each step as promptly as humanly possible). I will soon see that rare and elusive beast... a CA CCW!

Now if my holster would only arrive!!
Very nice! I'm just waiting for the DOJ to send the certified letter to them so I can make my final appointment. The livescan results for both FBI and DOJ were sent to them the same day as the scan. It's a shame they don't accept the electronic results as they are. It would streamline the process somewhat for them as they would not have to handle even more mail and write more letters than they already do.