View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 7:25 AM

Nosynchro's advice on the Lanber is probably the best in this thread, with the possible exception of the advice to look at a semi instead of an O/U for someone who is concerned about cost. CDNN Investments consistently has the best possible prices on Lanbers and though they cost a couple hundred dollars more than the Stoeger, they are worlds way in terms of fit, finish and overall quality, especially the sporting models. Lanbers have a 3 year warranty, if I remember correctly. I owned a Sporting Lux at one time and sold it only because it didn't fit me particularly well. The Lanber should hold up pretty well against high volume shooting. Not so with the budget Turkish shotguns like the offerings by Mossberg and others. I have heard of quality Turkish shotguns but have as yet to actually see such a thing.

As another budget minded shotgun shooter, I would highly recommend you look for something like a used 1100 on line. In 12 gauge, you can often find them for $450.00 to $500.00 on Gunbroker. My 12 gauge 1100 cost me $500.00, and my LT 20 in unfired condition cost only fifty bucks more. These are shotguns you can go out and shoot 100 to 200 rounds every week on the skeet or trap field, and they will likely still be going strong 20 years down the road.

P.S. by the way, experienced shotgunners don't call the firearm a "shotty". "Shotty" is what video gamers call them and you can expect to be not taken very seriously if you make the mistake of calling your firearm a, "shotty", on the skeet field.

Last edited by beammeupscotty; 02-22-2013 at 7:28 AM..