View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 7:01 PM

I'm 22

I started shooting a BB gun when I was around 6. My dad got me and my older brother identical guns and a box of a few thousand bb's. A few hours later we were out of bb's, all of my grandma's song birds were dead(she wasn't happy), and a lot of pop cans were shot in half. I even almost put my eye out due to a ricochet...

I finally got a 20 gauge 870 from my dad when I finished hunter's safety. I bought a Mauser when I was 13 or 14 and ended up selling it to fund my 30-06 Savage when I was 15. That summer I started to reload for my 06 and shoot almost everyday. My uncle gave me a press and the basic tools to get started. Until recently when my parents moved the reloading bench i built commanded the corner of my room. That rifle and reloading kept me out trouble for a long time.

Now I've spent a little over 4yrs in the Marine Corps and will be getting out in 6 weeks. I've bought an xDm 9mm, S&W M&P15T, and a 10/22 since I've been in and these guns have been a huge part of getting a few new shooters hooked on the sport. I competed in the Western Division Match this year and got a bronze even though I blew the second day of competition out of my ***. Had a chance to shoot with the Marine Corps Rifle team this summer but had to decline due to hip surgery.

Anyway that is probably overly detailed but it's really easy for me to get carried away with this stuff.