View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
All things being equal a 6.5 gets a higher HITS score than a 6.8SPC because the 6.8SPC does not cause as much damage to a game because of its short stubby shape and lower BC compared to a 6.5mm bullet.
I don't see how this could be true if all things are equal . At some point some part of the equation most no longer be equal for the smaller bullet to do more damage then the bigger one . I'm assuming thats velocity . The higher BC should give you higher velocity down range and that in tern should give you deeper penetration and expansion . I would not have an issue if the 6.8 was hitting the target at the same velocity as the 6.5

My math and yes I know it's general , shows the 16" Grendel will catch up to the 6.8 right about 400yds, till then the the 6.8 has it beat by velocity and energy transferred . At 400yds and really anything over 300 I would be stepping up to the 308 or a like . Thats just me though .

EDIT : while I was writing this I see you all have posted more . I was enjoying the debate but it appears to have turned in a way thats never healthy . Just because a guy is not an expert in exterior and terminal ballistic does not mean he can't be a good gunsmith . Changing the equations to suit your argument is never helpfully in a honest debate . I have always been going off your first comparisons . You don't get to change bullet weights powder charger and throw in what most guys get out of there hand loads just to make your argument work .

Lets keep the gloves up fellas .

Anyone else find it sad that those who preach tolerance CAN'T allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that they do not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

I write almost everything in a jovial manner regardless of content . If that's not how you took it please try again

Last edited by Metal God; 07-05-2013 at 11:08 PM..