Thread: LC9 for CC?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinFeign View Post
I bought one of these for my wife for carry...seemed like a good idea at the time... I would not bet my life or hers on this gun. I must have gotten a Monday/Friday model. It has had less than 100 rounds put through it and ... well here is a picture of the frame that is wearing...i was not impressed and got her a EMP to replace it... But I do like the weight of the LC9. Maybe I just got a bad one..Oh well...that happends I guess.
Those are unusual markings for short-term wear--they appear more like single incident strikes where something isn't lined up correctly and gouges the piece. Those can sometimes happen during take down and re-assembly.

I've put about 900 rounds through my LC9 without hesitation and the frame and slide show no signs of unusual wear. You may want to contact Ruger to see if they have warranty issue.

On another issue, I've also added a Hogue Handall Junior Universal grip cover to the pistol. It takes some stretching and a little cutting to clear the mag release and the mag well, but that little piece of rubber takes a lot of the "snap" out of the pistol.

Using it, I've managed over 200 rounds during practice sessions without being beat up.

Cheers.

JR