View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 8:44 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJBT View Post
... I suppose for a company that also sells laser rangefinders though, the lack of a rangefinding reticle might not be a bad thing....

I think I'd hold off on ordering one, until far more YouTube reviews are available.
The above advice from the seasoned shooters is priceless and could save you a lot of re-buying over the years.

I see the best use model for the M308 BDC or Turret scope being a mid-range tactical scope for someone who already owns a decent laser rangefinder, and really needs to stay under $500, including mounts. If that same underfunded shooter doesn't have a range finder, a strong argument could be made to save up an extra $200 and get a Vortex 4-16 PST SFP and learn MIL (SFP is not as functional for ranging at distance as a FFP, but is still more than capable of good ranging out to 900!).

Past those price points, those Bushnell & Horus reticles are great... IF you have the funds for those optic packages... seems like that Bushnell LRS 3-12x with the G2DMR reticle is the price leader on that front.

Last edited by SoCalXD; 10-25-2012 at 11:49 AM..