View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 7:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
I think everyone is overstating the issue of the state appellate court in Illinois saying that the Moore decision is not bound to them.

They are the judiciary of the state. They are not the executive enforcers (Law Enforcement Officers, agencies, AG and state prosecutors). The injunction will be against the enforcers. If the enforcers can't enforce, then the state judiciary cannot judge something that is not in front of them.

Doing a helps no one.
Understood but looking at the reality of the environment in Chicago it's probably going to get a bit more complicated than that. IANAL so please educate me. For argument's sake let's say that after the 7th's order takes effect that Mr. Joseph Blow ( a resident of Chicago) get's arrested would he apply to the 7th Circuit for a writ or would he apply at the same district court that's been dragging its feet forever on the shooting range suit?

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association