View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
I was advised at CCW class to NOT carry mags over ten rounds, even if you have legal ones that are larger. Why? Because of this.

YES it is illegal. But....
YES you will get arrested;
YES you can lose your CCW;
YES you may get cleared in court, but
YES it will cost you time, money, and heartache to do it.
What complete and utter garbage information. Tell whoever told you that to call Jason Davis and that CGF will pick up the tab for their education just so they stop spreading nonsense at their classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Are you guys suing the state over the 10+ round magazine summary destruction as a nuisance law? Seems like this would be the better route to go instead of suing individual cities.

http://law.justia.com/codes/californ...0-32390/32390/
You're misreading the PC like City of Los Angeles is:

Quote:
32390. Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section
32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section
17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any large-capacity magazine is a
nuisance and is subject to Section 18010.
However:

Quote:
16005. Nothing in the Deadly Weapons Recodification Act of 2010 is
intended to substantively change the law relating to deadly weapons.
The act is intended to be entirely nonsubstantive in effect.
Every
provision of this part, of Title 2 (commencing with Section 12001) of
Part 4, and every other provision of this act, including, without
limitation, every cross-reference in every provision of the act,
shall be interpreted consistent with the nonsubstantive intent of the
act.
I won't discuss strategy here beyond reiterating what we told Los Angeles at its public hearing:
The people have a fundamental right to keep and bear firearms for self-defense, including those in common use which use magazines having a capacity of greater than 10 rounds.

Any outright ban on the possession of magazines is a violation of the Second Amendment.

If Los Angeles passes any outright ban on the possession of magazines within its jurisdiction, The Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL will, along with taxpaying residents of LA, sue the City for civil rights violations in federal court and take the case to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.

We will absolutely not accept LA scapegoating tens of thousands of law abiding gun owners and retailers in Los Angeles, and countless travelers and visitors, for the evil and insane acts of a few criminals.
-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.