View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 8:20 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
My advice: get out.

Based on the modern day experience of ethnic cleansing of white landowners in South Africa, "defending the homestead" is a bad strategic move. When the bad guys make their move they will have done some homework beforehand. They'll know you have cameras and your specific security arrangements, they'll know your daily patterns, and most crucially: those of your family and loved ones.

As such, any protracted engagement without backup won't end well for the defenders. Unless you know an outside party can arrive to back you up, the bad guys will win;because they can come and go. You can't. They can evacuate wounded and substitute/rotate personell. You can't. They can resupply their ammo and food sources. You cannot.

Against a temporary threat like the Katrina situation, bugging in makes sense. When all bets are off and no government assistance is forthcoming, you're an isolated target. Sure, a huge stash of ammo and determined resistance will stop a poorly armed and desperate raiding party. It won't stop a crew of well equipped and motivated thugs who won't stop until you and yours are dead because of your race, creed, religion, etc.
True, I guess, but it assumes 'super-predators' will be the norm. To some extent, the premise of the thread assumes 'better than average' preppers, too.

I think it's reasonable to assume a temporary disruption. A long term problem - years - gives lots of time for both raiders and defenders to evolve (losing the weakest, probably) and consolidate.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.