View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmca View Post
I'm not a woman but I've shot trap with my wife for a long time. She started with an 870, not too good. Next was an 1100, okay, but a bother to load. Next we found her an older SKB, light weight and pointed well for her. I had to retire that one because parts were getting to be a problem. I had to replace hammer springs several times and none are available, so I was having them made. Next a BT-99 but couldn't shoot doubles. Lastly, a Perazzi combo which she still has.

All of those guns had to be fitted to her and took considerable modifications. When she got the Perazzi, we finally had a custom stock made.

I've always believed any shotgun can be made to fit, given a good stockmaker/fitter. Finding one is a big problem.

BTW, you didn't ask but it's a good idea to find a good coach...trying to teach her yourself usually doesn't work very well
Great story and experience! I hope to get her something that's low maintenance. As for a coach, she has zero issue breaking trap, but skeet is another story. Any day at the range with my lady is a good day