View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 3:37 PM

My husband actually did a lot of pre researching for me for a shotgun before I finally bought one. I knew very little about shotguns, or any guns for that matter and he was more experienced. He researched and I listened and then tried them out for size and weight. I don't have a problem with getting help from him and I actually appreciate the hard work he put into finding a shotgun that he felt would work for me and my size, LOP and experience. There really was a lot of love in the process. My first shotgun was a Beretta 3901 12 gauge automatic. I used that gun and loved it and it made it easy to move up to an over under when I felt ready. I felt confident picking it out and trying it out for size on my own. I have now confidently bought three shotguns on my own without input from my husband.

I understand that the women here feel independent and really is a good thing. But partners are also good at helping, understanding their wives and doing some helpful research and teaching. Heck, we have been married 40 years! If there is no significant other in your life, then a friend or relative can also help you. There is no shame in help. This isn't a man/ woman issue. It is a learning and helping issue. If I knew more about guns, my husband would welcome my help.

I am not sure I understand all the bashing that happens when a husband is just trying to get a little information. People can accept help,without it being a demeaning. All that being said, it is in the end, the buyers decision.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown

Last edited by savannah; 05-15-2013 at 4:55 PM..