View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMerc View Post
Your understanding is incorrect. A military member on PCS orders is considered a resident of the state, and relinquishes certain things from their home state, such as firearms purchases. Technically if you PCS to Cali, you can't go on leave and buy a gun in your home state.

That doesn't stop people from doing do. But it is technically illegal. Likewise, when PCSing with firearms, you're not importing because you're moving. You're supposed to fill out the DOJ form for off roster handguns, I'm not sure about any other paperwork.

You can't bring listed assault weapons like the AR-15s so most people strip the lower and sell it out of state before moving, then buy a stripped ca lower. I believe >10 mags must be disassembled but I'm not positive.
Unless the firearms are kept and used in a federal military installation and range your good to go. But good luck getting your COC to approve and or get your CO to approve and provide a signed letterhead authorizing storage of firearms on post/ in armory. If you live in base housing and not barracks, check with MP's or provost marshall of installation regualtions.

-From my experience, so please no civilians saying I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

RIP SGT Carlo "Eugie" Eugenio

KIA 29 OCT 2011 Camp Phoenix, Kabul, AFG