View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 3:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Dunsel View Post
Are you absolutly sure ? I have a fire arm magazine( rebuild kit) that has a date on it that says its pre-ban date , also says " For Law Enforcement Only ". It is a standard capacity magazine for a Double Stack 45 ACP.

With the magazine ban the company started putting the date on them as well as the other aforementioned info.

I also have a few Magazine Rebuild kits for a 10/22 that have a date stamped ( actually molded into) on them.

If there are no preban magazines in CA how come they come with a date that makes them "post-ban""?
Your magazine could have the the text of the dead sea scrolls on it, it doesn't matter. CA does not prohibit possession. This has already been explained a couple of times now quite clearly in this thread. Dates are for states that have date requirements(and even then it's idiotic due to the number of mags without a date, or the ability to change the date, hell someone could make magazines dated for the year 3025 if they want to), CA has no such requirement.

Read the PC, follow the PC. Do not add your own ideas to the PC, don't add silly gunshop FUD to the PC.

Quote:
Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.
Nothing about possession at all.

Maybe you're confusing CA PC with the expired federal pre/post ban nonsense that doesn't matter anymore?

edit: I don't get why this is still such a highly questioned topic, considering how amazingly crystal clear the PC is(which is a rarity for a place like CA). If something is not stated to be illegal, then it is legal.

Last edited by Merc1138; 04-05-2013 at 3:05 PM..