View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 7:34 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Default Rimfire Match Co-ordinator Volunteers

I want to invite some of you shooters to consider becoming match co-ordinators in the future. I am getting up there in age and my wife will be retiring at the end of this July. We will begin to travel often so I will not likely be able to continue to run the matches as often as I have before but still want to stay involved and run them when I can.

Running the match is not that time consuming or complicated and I would be available to help anyone over the humps as needed. Their is a sticky of nearly all the past matches with a wide variety of targets there so finding targets should not be an issue. One can also google "free targets" and find a ton of them on the web.

Each month that I do the match I just copy and paste last months announcement in a text editor, edit as needed, post it and attach the targets. I generally run the matches for a couple of months so I make up the announcements and get the targets ready two months in advance, makes it a lot easier. Takes less than an hour. If you follow the targets that are posted and record scores every week its not such a hassle to figure out the winners at the end of the month.

So if someone wants to take a crack at it let me know. No pressure, really looking for someone that's interested in doing it, no begging here. Thanks Guys and Gals and PM me with questions if you desire before you hold up your hand and say "Pick Me, Pick Me".

Last edited by Izzy43; 05-27-2013 at 7:36 PM..