View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 2:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWorksTactical View Post
So a SOT legally possessing a suppressor could use one however how would you justify it as a demo for sales as isn't that the only reason we technically can possess and use it?
The penal code only says,

"(c) The manufacture, possession, transportation, or sale or other transfer of silencers to an entity described in subdivision (a) by dealers or manufacturers registered under Chapter 53 (commencing with Section 5801) of Title 26 of the United States Code, and the regulations issued pursuant thereto."

It says possession. So no where does it say why we can possess them, but simply that we can possess them. The reason I am always using mine for demo or business is because the Feds say if I am, then I have not conducted a transfer and no paperwork is involved. So even when my personally registered AR15 pistol in .300 BLK that is on my CCW has the suppressor on it, I am conducting business with it as I am using it for corporate protection of assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvejunkie View Post
Quick question on the suppressors. In use at the range, can we let other people handle the weapons? Test them out? If they are NOT LEO?

I am attending a class with mine, tactical carbine, and going to use my rifle suppressed. Since I haven't used one, i have to get some "market research" under my belt. I am sure to get inquiries to use it.
If so, I am going to prison. As long as I am there with the suppressor, has a transfer taken place? I bet if we looked it up, no. Now the state, they might not agree, but again, if you are there with the suppressor, a transfer hasn't taken place and the person using it isn't possessing it, they are just using it. It does not belong to them.

Last edited by tenpercentfirearms; 04-09-2013 at 2:58 PM..