View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:19 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron View Post
I bought my M&P 15 from a reputable gun shop in the Bay Area (has been in business for years), and I have to assume that they wouldn't sell anything illegal. Went through the DROS and 10 day Cali wait. This was a dealer sale (not PPT). So the M&P 15 ORC is legal as equipped at sale.
I'm not saying it wasn't a legal sale. I was just saying that I doubt S&W sent the rifle into CA in that configuration. Some outside middleman FFL made it CA-legal before it was sent to your local FFL.

I was commenting on the statement, "I don't know why S&W did this for their CA shipments. " and I was saying that S&W probably didn't do that to the CA shipment because they don't ship to CA. There are only a few manufacturers that sell directly to CA in a CA-legal configuration. Everybody else lets a middleman reconfig it for CA sale.

The only feature that I want to change is the pinned non-adjustable stock. I just want to know if this mod is legal here,[/quote] if you want to run it with a fixed-mag, with a mag lock like the bullet button, you can have an adjustable stock.

Quote:
or do I have to swap out the pistol grip to make it "featureless?" I have a bunch of 30rd pre-ban AR/M16 mags that fit the M&P 15, and which I assume are legal to use in it (with the M&P BB)...
if you want to use your large-capacity mags in it, it must be featureless and have a standard mag release. So you would need to remove the "pistol grip feature". YOu can't use 11+round mags with a BB.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.