View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 2:09 PM
zeleny zeleny is offline
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Posts: 329
iTrader: 5 / 100%

Originally Posted by leelaw
Originally Posted by zeleny
Yes. The finished frame must be transferred by an FFL holder. There are many vendors of semi-finished frames that are free from this restriction.
How would he transfer it? PPT to himself? Please cite some relevant laws and/or letters that support this determination of yours - if true, it could prove to become another money pit for me.
I no longer can find any vendors of semi-finished M1911 frames. Neither can I find any state law that prohibits a nonlicensee from making a gun for his personal use, provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. Note that under federal and state law, a person is prohibited from making a semiautomatic assault weapon or assembling a nonsporting semiautomatic rifle or nonsporting shotgun from imported parts.
Reply With Quote