Thanks for all you're doing with sponsorship.
I have a question since I usually buy ammo from your Company.
Will you take the time to understand the new California guidelines for online ammo sales as some Companies have, and some have not?
Specifically that only handgun ammunition should be affected and that there are clearly defined and disambiguous exemptions to the restrictions that many citizens enjoy?
I've taken the time to detail the specific exemptions within the actual law in bold here.
12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
(c) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the deliveries, transfers, or sales of, handgun ammunition to any of the following:
* (1) Authorized law enforcement representatives of cities, counties, cities and counties, or state and federal governments for exclusive use by those government agencies if, prior to the delivery, transfer, or sale of the handgun ammunition, written authorization from the head of the agency employing the purchaser or transferee, is obtained identifying the employee as an individual authorized to conduct the transaction, and authorizing the transaction for the exclusive use of the agency employing the individual.
* (2) Sworn peace officers, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2 who are authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope of their duties.
* (3) Importers and manufacturers of handgun ammunition or firearms licensed to engage in business pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
* (4) Persons who are on the centralized list maintained by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12083.
* (5) Persons whose licensed premises are outside this state who are licensed as dealers or collectors of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
* (6) Persons licensed as collectors of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto whose licensed premises are within this state who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071.
* (7) A handgun ammunition vendor.
* (8) A consultant-evaluator, as defined in subdivision (s) of Section 12001.
I like shopping at The Lucky Gunner and would like to see your fine Company not write off all Californians and all ammunition types like so many other Companies have done to the unecesary detriment of their sales figures due most likely to a lazy or ignorant interpretation by their politically baised liberal Law Firms.
There is a thread here ---> http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...65#post5523565
that I invite you to post on if you are able to give us the good news that you can understand and comply with the very simple and easy to document guidelines that still allow many types of ammunition to be sold to any citizen, and allow handgun ammo to be sold to the thousands of bulk customers who are already exempt and eager to give your Company cash for being an upstanding legal entity.