View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 1:47 PM

@Montu - Yes, with 5% equity (and a loan amount under $417k), you can get a conventional loan, eliminating the montly mortgage insurance payments. Instead of you paying the mortgage insurance every month, we have the bank pay for a one time insurance premium; it's called LPMI or Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance. And this can be done as a no cost loan as well, where the lender pays for all the costs, the new loan balance is equal to your old loan balance. Your credit score and the amount of equity, play a strong influence on what rate you'll get. Sometimes it makes sense, and sometimes you have to wait for the market to come back down. Thanks for the comment!
Official Calguns Vendor for Real Estate & Home Loans; building reputation of good deals, honesty and supporting the Calguns community. Pm me for your Real Estate needs.

Attention Marines! (and military friendly employers); I'm the new OC rep for, looking to connect transitioning Marines to civilian opportunities; employment, education, etc. PM me if you are a Marine in need, or if you have an opportunity for military members.