View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Range Report for the Glass Factory Cinco De Mayo:

I was at the GF this morning at 6:30 AM and surprisingly, there were already two other groups shooting, a couple of guys with ARs and Glocks and a family with a Dad and his girls shooting .22s. Visibility was poor, extremely foggy, had to head up the road at about 5mph. The weird thing was, it was freezing cold and very windy with gusts up to 45mph, yet the fog was still obscuring the range. It would occasionally open up so you could see the 100 yard line but most of the time, you could only see about 25 yards.

I brought up my CZ527 Varmint to sight in a new scope but with .223 ammo pushing $1.00 a round, I didn't shoot as there was very little visibility past 25 yards. Handed out some flyers for the cleanup, chatted with some shooters who were up there but I hit the road at about 10:30 AM as the wind wasn't letting up.

Looking forward to our cleanup next week. If anyone has any questions about next Saturday, please PM me, Redmonkey, Socalmountainman or Gtturborex and we will get back to you. If anyone has any prizes, ammo, gun stuff or gift cards laying around for our volunteer drawing, please PM me. We have a nice list of prizes that I will be posting today or tomorrow but we can always use more.

I, along with Redmonkey, will be up there at 7:00 to 7:30 AM to setup our popup, tables, etc. so join us early if you'd like, but the official sign-in starts at 8:00 AM. To be clear for those who did not attend the January 26th cleanup, when you arrive, you will need to sign in at the pop-up, you have to sign a liability release for the Forest Service and you have to sign in a Calguns sheet to obtain tickets for the drawing.

PLEASE bring gloves, hat, warm and cold clothing (who knows what the weather will be like?), sunscreen and we would be very grateful if you can bring shovels, rakes and wheelbarrows as well.

Over and out.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading

Last edited by Capybara; 05-05-2013 at 12:43 PM..