View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I know that the Forest Service had a dozer out there to move the line a few months ago. Based upon my observations shooting there several times since, yes, if the people on the main line aren't paying attention, it could put people at the right side of the smaller range close to the line of fire. Basically, if the people on the small range shoot against the small little mountain or straight ahead, all is good. If the people on the main line fire straight ahead, all is good. It's when people want to start shooting at angles or changing targets without making sure that the entire range has ceased firing (both firing lines) that it makes things dangerous.

We will ask the Forest Service what our options are. Remember, they control the entire NF, we have zero authority up there, we are merely an educational resource, not management or law enforcement so all we can do is ask. Sad to say that all it takes now to make both ranges safe is a little foresight and common sense, obeying the four rules of gun safety but I guess those are too much to expect from the populace these days. I have not seen it unsafe up there while I am shooting but I have heard tale that many others have observed shooters not thinking and creating dangerous situations because of the geometry of the moved firing line.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading