View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 5:16 PM
Veteran Member

I appreciate the positive feedback. Thanks.

I wanted to try this because I wasn't prepared to spend 500 bucks on a meprolight fiberoptic dot sight. I knew i could do this based on my understanding of how a red dot optic works.

In the field of view the shaft of the fiber optic was visible. I corrected this by coloring the shaft of the fiber optic with a black sharpie leaving only the tip visible.

I could have made the dot smaller by sanding down the tip to a smaller diameter but the fiber was small to begin with. I believe the red dot was a .019" diameter fiber. Thats small.

The green circle is a .029" diameter fiber. I colored the tip of the strand and dragged it against a piece of sandpaper while holding the fiber at an angle and spinning it in my fingers. This exposed a ring of the fiber optic tip surrounding the black sharpie colored center.

Astigmatism isnt a huge problem. The dot/circle is pretty consistent everywhere in the field of view and accuraxy hasnt beed a problem.

I didnt choose this because it was the ideal optic. I chose it because i wanted a pure fiber optic dot sight but can't afford the nice 500 dollad ones. Overall, im happy with it. It works.
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
(Please skip the lame "two weeks" replies.)
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995