View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 2:49 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I was up at the GF this morning from sunrise (6:57 AM) until 11:30 AM. If you want to shoot alone, mid week early is a good bet, we had the range to ourselves from sunrise until 10:00 AM and then were joined by a guy shooting .22 pistols with his son and one other guy shooting a 10/22 off of a bench rest.

Some notes
1. I surmise that the Forest Service did not patrol or write citations this past weekend because I was there Saturday morning and I was there this morning and in the ensuing three days, there was LOT more trash on the range. Disappointing.

2. We had a first timer for trash. We have almost exclusively had the idiots up there shooting CRT televisions and computer screens. But today, I discovered a very shot up 42" LED Television! Nice. Just when you think you have seen it all, they come up with new waves of stupidity.

3. At the 115 yard berm, someone had targets set up on a Caltrans roadblock sandwich-board sign?!?!? Very nice felony there, I think this would fall under the category of "stolen street signs".

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading