View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 1:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
I just checked all of the wireless networks that my laptop is picking up in the neighborhood, and all of them except mine say "WPA2" encryption. Mine is the only one that says "WPA".

We were one of the first ones to get ATT U-verse service around here, so I assume WPA2 is a newer and better type of encryption than WPA.

How do I switch our wireless network to WPA2?

Can I do that from the router admin page?

Also, I can't remember how to even GET to the admin page, although I've done it before. I remember you just enter a particular IP address into your browser address bar, but I forget the IP address... Anybody know what it is for ATT Uverse routers?

Do you just change a setting on the admin page or is it more involved than that?

Thanks for any tips/advice.
Depending on how old your Uverse router is you may be limited to only WEP and WPA. If that is the case call AT&T and get a newer more up to date unit from them!

Did you ever gain entry to the admin page...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx