View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 4:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
So glue a Trit into the hole for the long do Trits last? Place 3 of them in a triangle formation with the fiber-optic in the center for a great home-made Reflex ridicule...
The fiber optic strand I used is the thickness of 20 lb test fishing line, roughly. It's pretty thin. With line that thin the dot is on the large side, about 12" at about 150 yards. Suits my needs fine.

I have been experimenting with modifying the tip of a strand of fiber optic to customize the reticle seen in the objective. By placing a very small opaque dot in the center of the strand I can create a circular shaped reticle. I can increase the size of the circle by heating the tip of the strand and pressing it against a smooth hard surface.

By creating an opaque X on the tip of the strand I can make a reticle comprised of four evenly spaced pie slices with the center missing. The hard part is drawing on something smaller than the head of a pin.
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
(Please skip the lame "two weeks" replies.)
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995