Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   SSZS Archives (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=578472)

mrlonewolf 06-06-2010 9:02 PM

SSZS Archives
 
Ok guys.

The time has come and by popular demand ( thanks to all the hard core zombie killers for your inquires and support) lets start planning our next BLM shoot extravaganza......... :43:

I'm thinking July, Sat. the 17th so we can have enough time to get our ammo, targets and toys ready.

I know, I know, most likely is going to be hot but, we've done this before.

Early start, easy ups and lots of ice cold water are the way to go, so.

What say you.


* Edit* Thanks for all your support guys, the date has been set based in all your PMs, Calls & Posts......:D

We always plan our zombie shoots as a one day event but for the first time ever we have quite a few people interested in an overnight and/or willing to bring RVs. Sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps "Full Clip" can share some of his experiences camping out at the super secret location.


Update 6-18-2010

Please check post # 152 for directions.......:D

FastFinger 06-06-2010 9:41 PM

yes

TroyMcClure 06-06-2010 9:52 PM

Oh yeah!

nowhere 06-07-2010 3:37 AM

i'm in

blikeandy 06-07-2010 4:37 AM

Tagged I'm interested

geeknow 06-07-2010 4:47 AM

mrlonewolf,

im in. july is good for me...and likely the rest of the guys too. let me know what you need in order to move this forward.

geeknow

Rekrab 06-07-2010 12:00 PM

I should be good for this one. As long as I don't have a final the following Monday. If my availability changes I'll give you a heads up.

This may seem like a silly question, but is there anything I should know NOT to do on BLM? Apart from being a pig that leaves behind tons of crap of course. Like, being way out in the desert I would assume steel is fine to bring?

1377 06-07-2010 12:05 PM

Im in, the 24th works!

Antihero47 06-07-2010 3:52 PM

We've had steel there. It should be fine.


I'm going to say this is a maybe.

inkstur 06-07-2010 4:03 PM

can i come ?

E-120 06-07-2010 4:16 PM

I wish I was off those days.

Lyte- 06-07-2010 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlonewolf (Post 4409985)
Ok guys.

The time has come and by popular demand ( thanks to all the hard core zombie killers for your inquires and support) lets start planning our next BLM shoot extravaganza......... :43:

I'm thinking July, Sat. the 17th or the 24th so we can have enough time to get our ammo, targets and toys ready.

I know, I know, most likely is going to be hot but, we've done this before.

Early start, easy ups and lots of ice cold water are the way to go, so.

What say you.

Im IN!

I am suppose to be on call but I am covering some time for my co worker this month so I will ask him to cover for me then!

mrlonewolf 06-07-2010 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknow (Post 4410972)
mrlonewolf,

im in. july is good for me...and likely the rest of the guys too. let me know what you need in order to move this forward.

geeknow

Nice!!!!
The Ammo Bros gang.....:43:
Thank you.......:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekrab (Post 4412648)
I should be good for this one. As long as I don't have a final the following Monday. If my availability changes I'll give you a heads up.

This may seem like a silly question, but is there anything I should know NOT to do on BLM? Apart from being a pig that leaves behind tons of crap of course. Like, being way out in the desert I would assume steel is fine to bring?

No such thing as a silly question.

In summary we respect the rules from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and we apply our law abiding citizen and responsible gun owner etiquette.

We safely enjoy our hobby, we use and enjoy our land and by the end of the day we responsible clean the site, preservation is a must.

Yes steel and any kind of targets (paper, plastic, wood,clay, zombie,etc)are OK, rapid fire is OK, No combustible materials, NO alcohol or drugs, minors are OK (under strict supervision of course).

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkstur (Post 4413901)
can i come ?

Of course you can !!!!
Bring your family, friends, guns,ammo and targets, lets have fun !!!!

Full Clip 06-07-2010 9:00 PM

I'm in.

mrlonewolf 06-07-2010 9:08 PM

Of course you are......:D

Lyte- 06-07-2010 9:54 PM

is this going to be a day trip or an overnight/ camping trip?

TURBOELKY 06-07-2010 9:56 PM

You know how I roll.

I need to get an easy up before then!! I'd prefer the 17th, as the 24th is close to the SD build party. Either way, I'll be there! I need new tires before then:D

mtbryder 06-07-2010 11:16 PM

I'm in, either date works for me.

May even bring my little ones out there, I think they would enjoy it.

Keep us posted!

Paul (mtbryder)

69Mach1 06-07-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBOELKY (Post 4416146)
You know how I roll.

I need to get an easy up before then!! I'd prefer the 17th, as the 24th is close to the SD build party. Either way, I'll be there! I need new tires before then:D

Turbo, there's a sale on "easy ups" for $50 (10'x10') at Ace Hardware. Cheapest I've ever seen. I picked one up for my AK factory. ;)

Can't make this one boys (and Lyte), so y'all have fun.

nick 06-07-2010 11:32 PM

A maybe here. I don't plan that far ahead these days :)

Guns R Tools 06-08-2010 12:07 AM

Does it need to be truck or cars ok to get there?

I am interested.

slobson 06-08-2010 12:27 PM

I'm in as long as noone invites andrewmendez

SeanCasey 06-08-2010 1:12 PM

Saturday's after 7/13 are no go for me. Sunday's would work out though!

AndrewMendez 06-08-2010 1:37 PM

Put me down with +1 for now. More then likely more.

munkeeboi 06-08-2010 1:53 PM

tagged....it'd be the perfect place to test out some ak's and some surplus ammo.

stormy_clothing 06-08-2010 2:20 PM

Caution - it's fing hot out there during the day - which is why after 6 hours of shooting on Friday I packed up and left at 9am. Yes night shooting under the half moon is awesome.

You cant see it in the pic but I had just finished setting up a target about 1/2 mile away :)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/988...0604054738.jpg

Mr Wizard 06-08-2010 2:24 PM

Do you need to know the super secret handshake in order to find out where the super secret location is? :D

andrewj 06-08-2010 2:33 PM

Geez, its about time!

sbsdexp1 06-08-2010 2:36 PM

Where is this shooting spot because i know of a pretty good one thats over by SLASH X its on the hills just east of it pretty legit.

unless you guys have your own spot!

professionalcoyotehunter 06-08-2010 2:38 PM

By 8:30 it will be too hot to shoot.

1377 06-08-2010 3:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormy_clothing (Post 4419552)
Caution - it's fing hot out there during the day - which is why after 6 hours of shooting on Friday I packed up and left at 9am. Yes night shooting under the half moon is awesome.

You cant see it in the pic but I had just finished setting up a target about 1/2 mile away :)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/988...0604054738.jpg

Ooya I see it ! thats your target next to that rock near that tumbleweed, right..

andrewj 06-08-2010 3:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1377 (Post 4419782)
Ooya I see it ! thats your target next to that rock near that tumbleweed, right..

No, I think its by that other tumbleweed.

mtbryder 06-08-2010 4:06 PM

Here is a link to the BLM website. It lists the basic rules for using public land for hunting / shooting. Pretty straight forward. I'm assuming that some of the cal-gunners have a spot in mind. Maybe at some point you can give us newbies a little "how to prepare for shooting in the desert" list so that we come prepared. Just a thought.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/rec...n/hunting.html

Thanks,

Paul (mtbryder)

stormy_clothing 06-08-2010 4:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1377 (Post 4419782)
Ooya I see it ! thats your target next to that rock near that tumbleweed, right..

No it's straight past the car at the top of that black top hill - unfortunately buster doesnt show up real well from this angle - here's one closer at the end of the day. I took lots of video but I didnt have a zoom so it looks like I am shooting at something a long way away.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4...0604074442.jpg

slobson 06-08-2010 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professionalcoyotehunter (Post 4419635)
By 8:30 it will be too hot to shoot.

don't be a sissy! I've played multiple soccer tournaments in lancaster, palm springs, etc during the middle of summer, a little shooting out in some fine california weather should be no problem :D

TURBOELKY 06-08-2010 4:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professionalcoyotehunter (Post 4419635)
By 8:30 it will be too hot to shoot.

we'll just have to wait till 9:00 then.....

calibanman 06-08-2010 4:59 PM

Can a 4x4 truck pulling a toyhauler make it out there?

andrewj 06-08-2010 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slobson (Post 4420274)
don't be a sissy! I've played multiple soccer tournaments in lancaster, palm springs, etc during the middle of summer, a little shooting out in some fine california weather should be no problem :D

Seriously! How about baseball tournaments in Arizona in the middle of summer. Wearing catcher's gear didnt help the situation either.

tujungatoes 06-08-2010 5:04 PM

sounds like fun. if it ends up being the 17th count me in:thumbsup:

incredablehefey 06-08-2010 5:13 PM

"I wanna go too" (in childlike voice) i know its already been asked but my truck is broken so all i have available is a vw jetta, does anyone familiar with the area think i will make it?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.