Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Northern California Chapters (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Northern California Roll Call - Check in Here! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261071)

wildhawker 01-19-2010 4:42 PM

Northern California Roll Call - Check in Here!

Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...cRegionMap.jpg

CitaDeL 01-19-2010 6:43 PM

CitaDeL- checking in from Southern Shasta County - Redding, Anderson.

Previous experience with protesting illegal immigration, set up information booths, canvassing with leaflets, exposed carry advocate, taken a few noobs shooting, discussed safe firearms handling. Generally available weekends.

dot4x4 01-20-2010 8:29 AM

dot4x4 here from redding shasta county

Knight 01-20-2010 5:13 PM

Knight from Arcata. Too poor to shoot or collect guns lately, but hanging in there . . .

CitaDeL 01-20-2010 6:18 PM

It seems there should be some clarification on the geography of the chapter areas....

TACORICAN from San Jose and highpowermatch from Santa Rosa- probably should be in San Fransisco Bay Area Community.

Keneva from Los Banos- probably should be in Southern Central Valley Community

DSeifert from Sacramento and Daddy4zack from El Dorado Hills- probably should be in Sacramento Area Community

wildhawker 01-21-2010 8:32 AM

Regional Map added to first post.

chico.cm 01-21-2010 5:18 PM

chico.cm
Live in Chico.

Love to hunt, fish & shoot.
Big fan of emergency preparedness & survival skills.

Gregchico 01-21-2010 5:45 PM

Greg was in Chico, then moved to Oroville. 5 minutes away from the shooting range, but can play with rimfire in my back yard.....

LexLuther 01-21-2010 7:55 PM

Redding

Jak1 01-22-2010 6:22 PM

Willits
Gen. Contractor

CRM2004 01-22-2010 10:48 PM

SGT Miller, USMC. Currently living in Eureka. Spent 5 years doing everything under the sun in the Corps. Primary MOS (Military Occupational Specialty... Job...) was 2847, Telephone Systems/Personal Computer Intermediate Repairman... But was also cross trained as a Motor Vehicle Operator, Satellite Communications Operator, Generator Mechanic, Radio Operator/Repairman, and my favorite job of all, I spent *MANY* a day being a Marksmanship Training Instructor working at the Marksmanship Training Unit.

Electricboy 01-22-2010 11:31 PM

Electricboy from Ukiah, Mendocino county. handed out calguns flyers from Eureka to Petaluma, introduced some people to shooting, worked a Calguns booth at cow palace.

I would like to hand out info at local fairs. We have lots of people that don't like guns, wont own them, but believe that the government should stop babysitting the public, they are for small government and want to be left alone. A group of people we may want to start talking to.

Tenamaxtle 01-24-2010 7:44 AM

Tenamaxtle,

Northern Siskiyou County.

nor7cal7 01-24-2010 10:25 AM

Redding, Shasta County

dot4x4 01-24-2010 12:13 PM

CRM2004, Thank you for your service. Glad to see some people from around my neck of the woods. Hello to you all.

bigcalidave 01-24-2010 12:46 PM

Almost missed this thread!
Checking in from Redding, with experience training, managing and leading presentations for large groups of people.
Dedicated to the cause, with time to spare.

Steyrlp10 01-25-2010 11:44 AM

Steyrlp10 from Vallejo, Solano County.

Legal secretary, so if anything needs to be typed, well, I think I can manage:)

Jerm 01-26-2010 1:44 PM

Jerm I am from Glenn County!

yakmon 01-26-2010 7:30 PM

chico

boats1 01-27-2010 2:36 PM

Greetings!

boats1 from, I presume, the North Central Valley region....Volcano, Ca.
Currently unemployed and angry.
Along with spouse, CCW for over 15 years.

Cougar 01-27-2010 4:15 PM

Chico, Butte County....

tango5 01-28-2010 2:14 PM

Tango5 (Jason) From Pleasant Hill, SF Bay Area.

quick draw mcgraw 01-28-2010 3:59 PM

quick draw mcgraw
Stanislaus County

bigcalidave 01-28-2010 7:42 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for signing in. If you know of other members who are up in our part of the state, please refer them to this thread to say hi! We need to know who is where, and what kind of help you can offer our efforts!!

daveyclimber 01-29-2010 3:41 PM

Daveyclimber: Chico. Back to the board after 2 year hiatus. Tree surgeon, wheeling and weapons fan.

asheron2 01-29-2010 9:19 PM

Chico here

ZirconJohn 01-29-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electricboy (Post 3686998)
Electricboy from Ukiah, Mendocino county. handed out calguns flyers from Eureka to Petaluma, introduced some people to shooting, worked a Calguns booth at cow palace.

I would like to hand out info at local fairs. We have lots of people that don't like guns, wont own them, but believe that the government should stop babysitting the public, they are for small government and want to be left alone. A group of people we may want to start talking to.

Brad... I'm checking in here.

I know you here, but I didn't know you this involved w/ CG.net. Please get in touch with me and let me know what we can do to help.

Have a new guy with IGD.com... we will be upgrading and updating ZJ Web Site, and actually utilizing the forum. This new guy, Justin... is former computer tech at Earthlink.net of Sacramento... serious KNOWS what the hale he's doing.

Get a hold of me... let's talk.

wildhawker 01-30-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electricboy (Post 3686998)

You were stellar in the AB962 campaign, and we're glad to have you on board. Ping bigcalidave with your ideas and let's get you supported up there!

tenring 01-30-2010 7:10 AM

10 Ring checking in from Red Bluff

Norcal's black rifle headquarters. Hello to those here who already know us and thank you for your business.
For those who don't, stop by our shop and check it out!

Bigcalidave, how about a Cal Guns booth at some Norcal shows? We have Chico, Redding, Lakeport, Ukiah, and others all coming up on the schedule.

We are also willing to contribute however we can through our store, so PM me with any needs/ideas you guys have for the cause.;)

CA_SHARPSHOOTER 01-30-2010 3:37 PM

checking in from woodland

bigcalidave 01-30-2010 4:04 PM

Ten ring I sent you a PM, gonna need all the help I can get!

As for other shows, there are a lot of car shows up here, and at the coast. Anyone involved with those events? I don't know if we want a booth at all of them, but maybe we can make a presence of some kind? At least get some information out. The best thing would be friends WITH cars / bikes for show, and vendors already established, that we could add a man to and get some literature out.

PM me with your ideas!!

wildhawker 01-30-2010 5:08 PM

I'm really loving where this is going... :43:

camsoup 01-30-2010 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcalidave (Post 3727042)

As for other shows, there are a lot of car shows up here, and at the coast. Anyone involved with those events? I don't know if we want a booth at all of them, but maybe we can make a presence of some kind? At least get some information out. The best thing would be friends WITH cars / bikes for show, and vendors already established, that we could add a man to and get some literature out.

PM me with your ideas!!

Checking in from Red Bluff. I better warn everyone, I like to OC, :eek:

Im involved with the Redding area VW club, we have events throughout the year and an annual show the first weekend in May. Usually about 50+ VW's.

A booth at the VW show, or any other car show would be great...maybe something at Kool April Knights? (1800+ registered cars)

tenring 01-31-2010 7:32 AM

We're in

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcalidave (Post 3727042)

PM me with your ideas!!

Responded to your PM. We have tables booked at most of the smaller NorCal shows already, so let's work together on getting Cal Guns some exposure up here! Show schedule and promoter info is on the way.:)

sirnonz 01-31-2010 10:51 AM

checking in from san leandro

CRM2004 01-31-2010 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot4x4 (Post 3693316)
CRM2004, Thank you for your service. Glad to see some people from around my neck of the woods. Hello to you all.

Thanks for the hospitality. Sadly enough, being a returning disabled vet to the Eureka/Arcata area isn't very welcoming anymore. It is great to see that some people still have respect and love for members of the greatest military in the world.

If anyone in the Humboldt area wants any help with, or has any interest in the Black Rifle Disease that is spreading throughout the country, feel free to contact me. I can answer questions, I can provide proper military handling and training, and also show how to assemble/disassemble, properly clean, or even upgrade parts on most military style weapons.

MasterYong 02-01-2010 12:42 PM

MasterYong

Eureka/Arcata CA

SEM/eMarketing, sales, IT.

I am willing to do anything I can to help, and will donate as much free time as I have. I passed out a ridiculous number of the AB962 fliers. If anything at all is being organized in Humboldt let me know, I'm in.

bigcalidave 02-02-2010 2:45 AM

More PMs sent. If you want to help please PM me your info. Let's talk about what you can do to help!

Thanks!

JBird33 02-02-2010 12:23 PM

Yo Dave! Send me a PM man. You know who this is (or at least you should) ;) I'm willing to help out however I can.

IrishPirate 02-02-2010 4:18 PM

Alex here. Living in Chico for the last 5 years, moving to Roseville soon. As far as i can tell it's close enough to the Sac region and the Nor Cal region to take advantage of both!

I'm a Firefighter/EMT for CAL FIRE, an Eagle Scout, and an avid fisherman. If you do it outdoors....I love it.