Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   disabled and need help (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=706787)

readysetgo 02-20-2013 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 10595295)
Spoke to the compamy and they called Kevin directly to know exactly what he needed and got it all ordered. They said they'll ship tomorrow and I should have it by end of next week. After I get it I'll fly up to Kevin and we'll go to the range and have some fun, I have a few guns he'll like shooting :)

If anyone wants to setup a fund lets do it and get this guy a new gun to go with it all!

Way to steal the thunder, I was getting all ready to make a detailed plan, then you come along and make it all simple like. :43:

Really though, kudos to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevrok805 (Post 10595234)
Overwhelmed right now! Thanks are not enough!

It's how we roll... er at least it's how Baboosh rolls. :43:
BTW, might wanna take down your cell number and personal info. This is an open forum after all (anybody on the web can snag it).

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNOS67 (Post 10595439)
Now THAT'S how you do it! Outstanding! Not familiar with the logistics of setting up a fund like that, but I'll definitely pitch in. I'll research it a bit this evening and if anyone can point me in the right direction, please do!

Keep us posted, it would be good to have some experience and plan of action we could use in the future as well.

Baboosh 02-20-2013 6:09 PM

Sorry I don't have patience. At least that is what my wife always says :)

Lets make this a calguns event and show the country how we're not all psycho idiots and that we all stand together to help each other out. This isn't the action of me as a person. This is gun owners uniting each other.

NoNOS67 02-20-2013 6:19 PM

That would be great!

Kevrok805 02-20-2013 6:25 PM

STOKED!!!

Mize 02-20-2013 6:39 PM

I am in awe of the generosity of Baboosh and the calguns community. Well done! Can't wait to go shooting with Kevin!

Kevrok805 02-20-2013 7:22 PM

So my cousin that hooked me up with Calguns said he went to a Calguns shoot & BBQ and said it was a blast. I would love to turn this amazing act of kindness into one of those. anybody know how to set that up? Would love to show my appreciation!

Kevin

em9sredbeam 02-21-2013 7:08 AM

Wow, Baboosh, awesome man. If you are ever in the bay area breakfast, lunch or dinner is on me. I am still down to help out, maybe we can still set something up to help him with a new toy and ammo.

Kevrok805 02-21-2013 12:27 PM

I am so stoked at what has taken place here on Calguns. I am truly overwhelmed. I use to shoot with my grandfather when I was young, but when I became paralyzed many of my dreams and passions fell to the side. I can't wait to experience shooting with the guys and be apart of what I love. Even as a victim of gun violence I have a voice that recognizes the state of people mentally not the tool they use. Our 2nd amnd. Rights are being threatened. I agree with Baboosh, lets represent what is good about people. And you guys are amazing! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Kevin

Kopis 02-21-2013 12:42 PM

I have that tingling feeling, Calguns is a great place. Well Done, Baboosh. I'm pretty far from Ventura, but I could put in a little cash through Paypal if odds and ends are needed.

navin r 02-21-2013 3:48 PM

Baboosh is the man; I'm not worthy!
I'd still be in favor of something set up for us small timers to contribute to Kevin.

plasticredcup 02-21-2013 4:45 PM

I'm definitely in!

AreWeFree 02-21-2013 9:42 PM

You are all fantastic, and Baboosh rocks! I want to help as well, please keep us updated so we can contribute. :)

Kevin - You are awesome bro!

Zedrek 02-22-2013 10:11 AM

Good looking out Baboosh.

kcjr1125 02-22-2013 11:14 AM

wow this was amazing! its good to see people out there with good hearts still. im in for donations as well.

Kevrok805 02-22-2013 11:15 AM

I think it would be great to do an event at the Oak Tree Gun Club when everything gets set up. I'd love to share this experience with everybody. Does anyone have another place or ideas to set this up. A Calguns event? Let me know. You all have been amazing!

Kevin

readysetgo 02-22-2013 12:17 PM

Alright, I've been thinking a lot about this.

I'm ready to take point on the donations/gear part of this effort (of course w/ kevrok's blessing, I'll call him in a bit).

Here's a short run down of what I'm thinking and the way I see it going down:

Use gofundme. to collect funds.

Thinking around $1200 - 1500 total.

Funds used for
1. Boomstick of choice including fees, taxes etc ($5 - 700)
2. Ammo ($???)
3. Lock box (if he doesn't already have one) ($???)
4. Range membership close to kevrok805, preference to a CGN friendly range. ($???)
5. Leftover funds either cash to kevrok805, donation to charity of his choice, or maybe funds for a shoot n que. I'd reserve the right to make the final call on any extras but it would definitely be one of the above options.

Time frame from start to finish would be around TWO WEEKS :p and I'd shoot for absolutely no more than 4 weeks. Obviously the sooner the better.

I don't really have anyone on CGN to vouche for me except for itrader, all I can say is "I swear to conduct this honorably and faithfully and not one red cent will be misused". I'm a detailed oriented person and I know I can pull it off. I'll keep a full accounting that will be available to anyone who wants it (no personal info of donors etc given). It's not like I'm selling you guys your choice of premium mosin's! :43:

Of course others could contribute however they see fit but I figure this would give a bunch of us an easy avenue.

Hmm... that's about it for now, any suggestions are welcome and if a couple of you would chime in with yay's I'll go ahead and proceed. Gotta run, luch hour's over!

ETA: another use for funds could be to reimburse baboosh a portion of the cost for the gear he's getting.

em9sredbeam 02-22-2013 12:24 PM

Keep us informed. Sounds like a good plan to me.

readysetgo 02-22-2013 1:43 PM

Spoke to kevrok805 and he's OK w/ me spearheading this. He's very interested in a meet n' great (maybe the most). We agreed that I'll focus on this portion of our effort and defer for now any effort on a gathering (so feel free to jump in there).

More detail about timeline:
I'm thinking I'll get the fundraiser set up by tonight and we could run it through this weekend and next week. Hopefully finishing by next Fri 03-01. That would give me that weekend to hook up w/ kevrok and get him started on a possible 10 day wait and get the rest squared away. Then he'd just need to pick up. Maybe this will also put us in sync w/ Baboosh's effort. Mission accomplished.

I'll start a new thread for the donation effort but what forum do you think I should list it under? Please don't say offtopic (I mostly ignore that area)!

jazman 02-22-2013 1:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 10595517)
I'll keep calguns updated and when we set a date maybe more people can show up and we can show Kevin one hell of a time.

Well done man.

n2stackin 02-22-2013 1:59 PM

Welcome, Kevin.

The responses to this post make me proud to be a CG'r.

$$ sent this morning. Goal almost achieved!

RedMonkey 02-22-2013 3:19 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm just reading this thread and trying to process what's going on. It looks like there is already a group of CalGunners stepping up. I'm here to help with anything that I can.

Anyone going to the meet at IVE tonight? We can discuss it some more then. If not, I'll catch up with where we are tonight and go from there.

Thanks,

RM

readysetgo 02-22-2013 4:47 PM

Quick update:

Awesome, awesome news everyone! I put out a feeler to Island View Enterprises Inc. of Ventura earlier, seeing if they'd be interested in being part of this for range and FFL services.

Well just got off the phone w/ a manager there (Nick) who said that on behalf of the owner they are donating a Silver Membership to our friend here!

If that's not deserving of thanks and even patronage, I don't know what is.
Check out more about this stand up business:
Island View Enterprises Inc.
http://www.islandviewent.com/

Also, spoke a little with redmonkey, who's a C3 leader here in VC and he's on board and will be good friend to have through this too.

We're gonna steam roll this guys!

NoNOS67 02-22-2013 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ready_eSeVe (Post 10615194)
Quick update:

Awesome, awesome news everyone! I put out a feeler to Island View Enterprises Inc. of Ventura earlier, seeing if they'd be interested in being part of this for range and FFL services.

Well just got off the phone w/ a manager there (Nick) who said that on behalf of the owner they are donating a Silver Membership to our friend here!

If that's not deserving of thanks and even patronage, I don't know what is.
Check out more about this stand up business:
Island View Enterprises Inc.
http://www.islandviewent.com/

Also, spoke a little with redmonkey, who's a C3 leader here in VC and he's on board and will be good friend to have through this too.

We're gonna steam roll this guys!

Nice work, this is EXACTLY why I wanted to get somebody local in on this! :D

Baboosh 02-22-2013 6:07 PM

No reimbursement for me. Give it all to Kevin for ammo.

Shoot-it 02-22-2013 6:14 PM

Quote:

Spoke to the compamy and they called Kevin directly to know exactly what he needed and got it all ordered. They said they'll ship tomorrow and I should have it by end of next week. After I get it I'll fly up to Kevin and we'll go to the range and have some fun, I have a few guns he'll like shooting :)

If anyone wants to setup a fund lets do it and get this guy a new gun to go with it all!

I have something in my eye my wife must be cutting onions again.

BLKFJDC 02-22-2013 6:31 PM

Please post donation link ASAP. My wife and I are in.

wc12 02-22-2013 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 10615920)

You sir are a good man. like the above poster's wife, my wife may be cutting onions too. :hurray:

BLKFJDC 02-22-2013 6:45 PM

readysetgo 02-22-2013 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 10615920)

Somehow I already knew this. ;) It was just one of many thoughts, thinking out loud a bit as it evolves. Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoot-it (Post 10615991)
I have something in my eye my wife must be cutting onions again.

Hahaha, that's hillarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKFJDC (Post 10616158)

Been working on it... coming shortly. I'm going to start a new thread for it to keep it clean. I'm leaning towards this forum Calguns in Your Community > Southern California > Ventura County Chapter. It's a bit buried but I think it's most appropriate.

RedMonkey 02-22-2013 8:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Been working on it... coming shortly. I'm going to start a new thread for it to keep it clean. I'm leaning towards this forum [B
Calguns in Your Community > Southern California > Ventura County Chapter.[/B] It's a bit buried but I think it's most appropriate.

You can post it there and I'll sticky it and then we can also post it in other threads and link to it. This should give us good coverage.

readysetgo 02-22-2013 8:29 PM

OK, phase 2 is live. Please continue to use this thread for general discussion.

Donation thread here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=710073

I tried my best to cover all the bases, let me know if anything's not clear or not working.

RedMonkey 02-22-2013 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ready_eSeVe (Post 10617507)
OK, phase 2 is live. Please continue to use this thread for general discussion.

Donation thread here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=710073

I tried my best to cover all the bases, let me know if anything's not clear or not working.

New thread has been stickyed and a link posted on the CalGun Facebook page.

Simply115 02-22-2013 9:08 PM

You're in Ventura? We should go shooting sometime.

Ferrum 02-22-2013 9:27 PM

Unbelievable... People's generosity never ceases to amaze me.

huntercf 02-22-2013 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ready_eSeVe (Post 10612593)
Alright, I've been thinking a lot about this.

I'm ready to take point on the donations/gear part of this effort (of course w/ kevrok's blessing, I'll call him in a bit).

Here's a short run down of what I'm thinking and the way I see it going down:

Use gofundme. to collect funds.

Thinking around $1200 - 1500 total.

Funds used for
1. Boomstick of choice including fees, taxes etc ($5 - 700)
2. Ammo ($???)
3. Lock box (if he doesn't already have one) ($???)
4. Range membership close to kevrok805, preference to a CGN friendly range. ($???)
5. Leftover funds either cash to kevrok805, donation to charity of his choice, or maybe funds for a shoot n que. I'd reserve the right to make the final call on any extras but it would definitely be one of the above options.

Time frame from start to finish would be around TWO WEEKS :p and I'd shoot for absolutely no more than 4 weeks. Obviously the sooner the better.

I don't really have anyone on CGN to vouche for me except for itrader, all I can say is "I swear to conduct this honorably and faithfully and not one red cent will be misused". I'm a detailed oriented person and I know I can pull it off. I'll keep a full accounting that will be available to anyone who wants it (no personal info of donors etc given). It's not like I'm selling you guys your choice of premium mosin's! :43:

Of course others could contribute however they see fit but I figure this would give a bunch of us an easy avenue.

Hmm... that's about it for now, any suggestions are welcome and if a couple of you would chime in with yay's I'll go ahead and proceed. Gotta run, luch hour's over!

ETA: another use for funds could be to reimburse baboosh a portion of the cost for the gear he's getting.

Wow, what a response. Hats off to all that are donating and helping out. I would love to donate but with the wife laid off money is super tight; however, maybe some of us who are in similar situations (as mine) could donate ammo. Can you list caliber(s) and tell us who to PM for an address?, I have a small stockpile of various calibers and reload so I would be willing to send some ammo to Kevin.

imtheomegaman 02-22-2013 9:59 PM

Quote:

Hats off.

serjm1a1 02-22-2013 10:00 PM

Just donated, I encourage everyone to do so! even if its $10.00 it will add up quickly! this made my weekend :)

readysetgo 02-22-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntercf (Post 10618153)
Wow, what a response. Hats off to all that are donating and helping out. I would love to donate but with the wife laid off money is super tight; however, maybe some of us who are in similar situations (as mine) could donate ammo. Can you list caliber(s) and tell us who to PM for an address?, I have a small stockpile of various calibers and reload so I would be willing to send some ammo to Kevin.

That's a really good suggestion huntercf.

Not sure of calibers as of yet. Kevrok mentioned a mossberg, 12g 20g for sure (kevrok confirms 20g on next page). I'll try and talk to him more tomorrow about this, unless he wants to chime in here about what gift he'll choose. After that, my suggestion would be any physical gifts direct to OP.

altxf4 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

This thread is top notch, and makes me proud to call all of you my GC brothers! Posted the link on my FB!

Kevrok805 02-22-2013 10:27 PM

Holy Cow! I was out for a few hours and just checked in! This is amazing! I want to meet all of you. Words cannot express my gratitude! I am out of town this weekend but would be willing to hook up and talk with anybody in my area. Explain my story, etc. I just purchased a Maverick 88 (20 gauge) for less recoil. PM me or post on thread. Again, I am overwhelmed!

Kevin