-   FFL's Forum (
-   -   help selling RAW (

joash 05-20-2013 12:15 PM

help selling RAW

Is there anyone here ( CA AW licensed) who can help me sell my RAW to an out of state buyer? If so, what is the procedure and how much does it cost? I was thinking of listing it on Gunbroker.

The only dealer I found so far is Martin Retting, but they couldn't help sell it out of state and would only buy it from me. I don't want to get a lowball price. Please advise.


ASD1 05-20-2013 3:18 PM

What part of the state are you in??

What type of RAW?

joash 05-20-2013 7:12 PM

Los Angeles area, MAK-90.

kemasa 05-21-2013 10:06 AM

You can sell it yourself. The only possible issue is shipping. According to the person at the CA DOJ who deals with AWs, you can ship it directly, but I am not sure that the law allows that (would have to check). Worst case, you can get an AW dealer to ship it for you. There is a form that you are supposed to fill out and send to the CA DOJ.

joash 05-21-2013 10:12 AM

I wouldn't want to mess with it. I want a dealer to ship it.

Eddy's Shooting Sports 05-21-2013 10:18 AM

I'm thinking even on gunbroker you're going to get a pretty low price. They're just not that desirable. I had a guy come to me wanting to do the same thing with a MIB MAK90 but I'm not an AW dealer and he wasn't really the type to list things for sale online. I ended up giving him $100 and we cut the receiver in three pieces. We took a picture of the cut receiver with s/n visible so he could send it in with a firearm no longer in possession form. I re-sold the parts kit in a flash for $200. Probably could have gotten $300.

joash 05-21-2013 1:08 PM

There are three of them now with bids on them going for about $700.

BigPimping 06-10-2013 1:30 PM

Why sell something you will never,
Ever be able to replace???? I wish i had a RAW.

joash 06-12-2013 8:42 AM

The grass is always greener.

rromeo 06-12-2013 9:39 AM

How much do you want to get for it?

joash 06-12-2013 1:29 PM


HappyCamper781 06-12-2013 1:36 PM

Why don't you want to ship it to an out of state FFL?

joash 06-12-2013 2:33 PM

Works for me and then what, they sell on commission? AFAIK you need a CA FFL with an AW license to even ship the thing.

HappyCamper781 06-12-2013 2:41 PM

No, when you sell to an out of state buyer, you just send it to an FFL for them to pick up / adhere to firearm transfer laws in their state.

kemasa 06-12-2013 3:24 PM

It is unclear as to the shipping requirements. From what I recall regarding the law is that you would need a CA FFL with an AW permit, but the person at the CA DOJ who deals with AWs says that you can personally ship an AW out of state.

joash 06-20-2013 1:26 PM

Can you please PM me the guy's info? I'd like to ask him a few questions.

Garand1911 06-29-2013 9:42 AM

Drive to Az or Nv gun show.

joash 06-29-2013 2:23 PM


Originally Posted by Garand1911 (Post 11699611)
Drive to Az or Nv gun show.

That sounds like a good idea.

joash 07-01-2013 1:05 PM


Originally Posted by Garand1911 (Post 11699611)
Drive to Az or Nv gun show.

Do you have experience selling at AZ or NV gun shows? Is there anything to it? Can CA residents sell no problem?

kemasa 07-01-2013 2:36 PM

You would have to go through a FFL in the buyer's state of residence since you are not a resident of the same state.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.