Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Southern California Chapters (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   Went to Hodge Rd (BLM land) for the first time today (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=891724)

gotime 02-09-2014 8:25 PM

Went to Hodge Rd (BLM land) for the first time today

It was filthy. I really wasn't expecting that much garbage everywhere and it made me sad. Thousands upon thousands of spent cases and shells all over the ground, all sorts of debris everywhere, broken glass, old tires, it was terrible. It would take multiple Calguns clean-ups to make a dent in that place. PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!!

That being said, we had a great time. At one point a Sheriff came by and told everyone there was work being done on that cell tower right off the road and everyone had to cease fire for a couple hours. We just turned around 180 and setup shop against the opposite hill. It was windy and some of the shooters around us were sketchy, but being able to shoot free without range restrictions was definitely nice.

junior40er 02-09-2014 8:52 PM

I think shooting at tower hill is too close to freeway. I drive in a few miles.

jonc 02-09-2014 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior40er (Post 13403266)
I think shooting at tower hill is too close to freeway. I drive in a few miles.

This

HaleStorm 02-10-2014 8:28 AM

I also avoid wrecked areas. There area few places that I will shoot that are out on BLM land. The good spots that we have are really tucked away, and most people just pull off before then. we will stopp and clean up along the way, and always do a good clean upon arrival and before leaving.

If an area is just too messed up, we will clean up a bit and then move on. I don't want to validate that sort of behavior by utilizing the same area that is still messed up. it does not help the cause.

Some of the **** that I have seen blows my mind though. The worst was the guys shooting across a dirst road at kerosene tanks. they wound up starting a fire and hauling *** out of the area messing up the front end on their truck on the way. wish we had the forsite to follow them or at least get a license plate number to turn over to the authorities.

MrElectric03 02-16-2014 7:23 PM

I only shoot on BLM land anymore. I go out pretty far though, I see the same **** though. We always clean up after ourselves and if anything else is left in the area.

Thomas83 02-24-2014 11:36 AM

It's always a good idea to tread lightly and fill the extra trash bags that you bring with you, even if it's only a grocery bag. Something is better than nothing.

With that being said, whenever I do make it out there I drive in a good ways and usually am the only one there for quite some time. It's nice, but kinda eerie at the same time. Thanks for cleaning up after yourself!

Sent from my iPhone.

dmcmillenfv 02-24-2014 12:08 PM

Allways bring a 20ft tarp. Shoot on the tarp and makes cleanup easy.

Teeko 02-28-2014 4:27 AM

It's trashy out there