Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   California Wants To Crack Down On Guns Coming From Out Of State (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1554172)

TrappedinCalifornia 08-22-2019 12:13 AM

California Wants To Crack Down On Guns Coming From Out Of State
 
From the Huffington Post...

California Wants To Crack Down On Guns Coming From Out Of State

Quote:

...In a letter to Nevada State Assembly Speaker Jason Frierson (D) and his colleagues, 27 Democratic legislators from California raised concerns about the fact that the Gilroy shooter had bought the gun used in the July 28 attack in neighboring Nevada, where it is easier to purchase a firearm... California lawmakers may want Nevada to consider a red flag law, which removes guns from people deemed a public threat... They may also want Nevada to consider cracking down on assault weapons. The military-style AK-47 used by the Gilroy shooter cannot be legally purchased in California or imported into the state... Frierson has not yet publicly responded to the letter or to requests for comment...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECgBTi8VAAEfXty.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECgBTi9U4AAUmhm.jpg

50BMGBOB 08-22-2019 1:17 AM

Funny how nothing they suggest would have stopped him from buying a gun with the exception of an AWB there. But he could have just bought an AK here and taken off the fin grip. I wish they could talk about the real problem of violence and not the red herring of gun control.

sfpcservice 08-22-2019 3:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50BMGBOB (Post 23334989)
Funny how nothing they suggest would have stopped him from buying a gun with the exception of an AWB there. But he could have just bought an AK here and taken off the fin grip. I wish they could talk about the real problem of violence and not the red herring of gun control.

Don't let facts get in the way here, remember after Newtown Obama addressed the issue that many laws they suggest wouldn't have stopped the shooter. All he had to say was he rejects that argument.

I think that got him a standing ovation.

Epaphroditus 08-22-2019 8:05 AM

I'm sure CA would love to legislate for NV.

Translation "we can't run our state - so many criminals running free- bad NV".

MEGSDAD 08-22-2019 8:10 AM

Nevada should reply : " pound sand, we in Nevada dont have the mass shootings you do. Dont blame us, blame the crazies in YOUR state. Oh..and by the way STOP SENDING YOUR CRAZIES OVER HERE!!! "

big red 08-22-2019 8:22 AM

this is typical of a dictatorship style government in that they are not happy until they control everything inside and outside their borders. If they get Nevada to roll over when are they going to say the same thing to Arizona or Oregon, and Newsom claims credit says he is now a national figure instead of a coward hiding and signing documents/laws in secret.

Tarmy 08-22-2019 8:24 AM

How about we crack down on illegal alien PEOPLE coming into the state first...mmm...k?

First these aholes perfect telling the...er...citizens what they must do...now they want to take over the neighboring states too.

Fix the damn roads while you are at it...

ja308 08-22-2019 8:31 AM

nevada is now a democrat state. Mainly due to S-Hole Las Vegas !
The Nevada legislature will suck up to Newsome, I predict !

Oh but Red you dont understand. It's the democrat party agenda to get people out of their cars and NOT fix roads.

One of their pot holes took out a tire that had at least 8000 miles left on it. Should have driven out of state to buy a new set , but I like the car dealer!

Scratch705 08-22-2019 8:40 AM

i hope nevada tells CA to pound sand.

KatMan53 08-22-2019 8:40 AM

The Gilroy shooter raised no red flags per the gun shop owner who sold him the rifle. He had a Nevada ID, a Nevada residence and was perfectly entitled - after passing the NCIC check - to purchase the firearm. Except for a car-by-car stop of all traffic entering our borders there was no way to detect the weapon or his intent before he committed the mass murder.

One can purchase marijuana legally in California. There is no method that I know of to prevent a person from putting it in their car and driving it to Texas. This encapsulates a problem with no solution (other than hoping people obey the laws).

Oh, and the AK-look-alike he purchased was a WASR-10.

StephanieLynn 08-22-2019 8:48 AM

That would require.... wait for it! ...a WALL! ��

Dan_Eastvale 08-22-2019 8:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMan53 (Post 23335629)
The Gilroy shooter raised no red flags per the gun shop owner who sold him the rifle. He had a Nevada ID, a Nevada residence and was perfectly entitled - after passing the NCIC check - to purchase the firearm. Except for a car-by-car stop of all traffic entering our borders there was no way to detect the weapon or his intent before he committed the mass murder.

One can purchase marijuana legally in California. There is no method that I know of to prevent a person from putting it in their car and driving it to Texas. This encapsulates a problem with no solution (other than hoping people obey the laws).

Oh, and the AK-look-alike he purchased was a WASR-10.

Exactly,

He was a legal Nevada resident.

So I wonder what they want Nevada to do... put up their own highway checkpoints checking all vehicles leaving Nevada into CA? Or simply make so called AWs illegal in NV.

Fastattack 08-22-2019 8:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGSDAD (Post 23335522)
Nevada should reply : " pound sand, we in Nevada dont have the mass shootings you do. Dont blame us, blame the crazies in YOUR state. Oh..and by the way STOP SENDING YOUR CRAZIES OVER HERE!!! "

Nevada politics has long been taken over by the dark side. Very sad to see, as I grew-up there back in the day. They are probably being held back by the still substantial gun culture that exists.

The dems always claim their failed policies would have worked, had they just been able to implement even more of it. This seems to be one such case.

1bulletBarney 08-22-2019 9:00 AM

The left, socialist, idiot legislators in CA cry about an evil "assault weapon" that the was purchased in Nevada as a legally configured rifle in common use... then unlawfully transported in CA...

These morons need to focus on what a fecalhole mess they have legislated this state into... :mad:

California_Deplorable 08-22-2019 9:04 AM

Pure tyrannical arrogance for CA politicians to tell the representatives elected by citizens in another state, what they should do. Not surprising at all. CA politicians are an absolute disgrace. This is embarrassing, pathetic and shameful.

Sousuke 08-22-2019 9:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50BMGBOB (Post 23334989)
Funny how nothing they suggest would have stopped him from buying a gun with the exception of an AWB there. But he could have just bought an AK here and taken off the fin grip. I wish they could talk about the real problem of violence and not the red herring of gun control.

But they've actually convinced themselves that the fin grip would save lives.

Harry Ono 08-22-2019 9:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epaphroditus (Post 23335505)
I'm sure CA would love to legislate for NV.

Translation "we can't run our state - so many criminals running free- bad NV".

Too bad neither state can collaborate, its a Federal question. A clear cut Federal jurisdiction.

Harry Ono 08-22-2019 9:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastattack (Post 23335698)
Nevada politics has long been taken over by the dark side. Very sad to see, as I grew-up there back in the day. They are probably being held back by the still substantial gun culture that exists.

The dems always claim their failed policies would have worked, had they just been able to implement even more of it. This seems to be one such case.

The vast number of former California government workers retired to Nevada, And as such they vote. One of the factors NV turned blue.

California_Deplorable 08-22-2019 9:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sousuke (Post 23335758)
But they've actually convinced themselves that the fin grip would save lives.

Not exactly. The industry came up with featureless components inorder to comply with stupid laws. CA legislators had nothing to do with the innovation. The DOJ does not endorse any featureless component. They simply cant ban fin grips without banning all featureless semiauto firearms. Which is most likely what they will try to do next. CA legislators dont want you to have any gun period let alone a gun with a fin grip.

Sousuke 08-22-2019 9:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California_Deplorable (Post 23335807)
Not exactly. The industry came up with featureless components inorder to comply with stupid laws. CA legislators had nothing to do with the innovation. The DOJ does not endorse any featureless component. They simply cant ban fin grips without banning all featureless semiauto firearms. Which is most likely what they will try to do next. CA legislators dont want you to have any gun period let alone a gun with a fin grip.

This is a quote from the Brady Campaign about two weeks ago in regards to pistol grips and fins:

“If you look at what we consider an assault rifle, the lethality of it, they’re really easy to shoot because they’re easy to hold, you can shoot a lot of bullets really quickly and you can reload them really quickly,” she said. Replacing pistol grips with fin grips and flash suppressors with muzzle brakes “makes it harder to fire them,” which is a step in the right direction if the goal is to decrease gun deaths.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...lt-rifle-parts

JohnnyMtn 08-22-2019 9:54 AM

“The military-style AK-47 used by the Gilroy shooter cannot be legally purchased in California...” Ya, that’s right. The shooter could have just purchased a WASR-10 in CA, removed the fin grip, and then have the same exact rifle.

Just shows you how imbecilic CA laws are, and worse, that our elected officials believe that these laws prevent these horrible events.

Fastattack 08-22-2019 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Ono (Post 23335797)
The vast number of former California government workers retired to Nevada, And as such they vote. One of the factors NV turned blue.

More than just government workers, lots of people in general wanting to retire in an affordable locale. Lets not forget the unions, construction and service unions are yuge.

aklon 08-22-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50BMGBOB (Post 23334989)
<snip> I wish they could talk about the real problem of violence and not the red herring of gun control.

They can't do that without calling a lot of their cherished assumptions into question. Best to keep blaming an inanimate object for all our problems.

Jimi Jah 08-22-2019 11:27 AM

Adding a personal search to every person or vehicle entering the state is already set up. All Gavin needs to do is man the Agri stations with CHP officers searching each vehicle. It will be like the now closed "illegal alien checkpoints" on I-5 and I-15 in San Diego County.

Whether he does this depends on funding, progressive support and the cooperative 9th circuit. He has 2 out of 3 already.

green grunt 08-22-2019 11:41 AM

^ man the Agri stations

but only on the gun show weekends :facepalm:

hitdank 08-22-2019 1:59 PM

Eventually they will check your gas tank for uncali taxed fuel and tax you on the spot.

MEGSDAD 08-22-2019 3:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi Jah (Post 23336263)
Adding a personal search to every person or vehicle entering the state is already set up. All Gavin needs to do is man the Agri stations with CHP officers searching each vehicle. It will be like the now closed "illegal alien checkpoints" on I-5 and I-15 in San Diego County.

Whether he does this depends on funding, progressive support and the cooperative 9th circuit. He has 2 out of 3 already.

Can you imagine the traffic jam on Sundays as all the So Cal folks head back from the weekend in Vegas? Chp searching every car. Traffic would be backed up TO Vegas.

DrewN 08-22-2019 3:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGSDAD (Post 23336912)
Can you imagine the traffic jam on Sundays as all the So Cal folks head back from the weekend in Vegas? Chp searching every car. Traffic would be backed up TO Vegas.

And probably Quartzsite on the 10. It would be like Mad Max by the third day.

M60A1Rise 08-22-2019 3:22 PM

Man i'm 59 and haven't lived in the hood in over 30 yrs but I can GUARANTEE you I can find and purchase a gun in 2 days or less. Red flag law or any law , I just don't understand what this arse hats think they will accomplish ?

splithoof 08-22-2019 3:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitdank (Post 23336751)
Eventually they will check your gas tank for uncali taxed fuel and tax you on the spot.

Yep.
I can see the day when permits are required to drive over the state line. With all fees to be paid in advance.

Pardini 08-22-2019 3:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M60A1Rise (Post 23336951)
Man i'm 59 and haven't lived in the hood in over 30 yrs but I can GUARANTEE you I can find and purchase a gun in 2 days or less. Red flag law or any law , I just don't understand what this arse hats think they will accomplish ?

A complete gun ban in tiny incremental steps and a culture change that vilifies guns and gun ownership.

LEAD LAUNCHER 08-22-2019 4:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sousuke (Post 23335896)
This is a quote from the Brady Campaign about two weeks ago in regards to pistol grips and fins:

“If you look at what we consider an assault rifle, the lethality of it, they’re really easy to shoot because they’re easy to hold, you can shoot a lot of bullets really quickly and you can reload them really quickly,” she said. Replacing pistol grips with fin grips and flash suppressors with muzzle brakes “makes it harder to fire them,” which is a step in the right direction if the goal is to decrease gun deaths.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...lt-rifle-parts


Attachment 829648

17+1 08-22-2019 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGSDAD (Post 23336912)
Can you imagine the traffic jam on Sundays as all the So Cal folks head back from the weekend in Vegas? Chp searching every car. Traffic would be backed up TO Vegas.

That may work out how they want though. People would stop going to Nevada due to the hassle. Money stops flowing, CA tells NV to ban guns, NV bans whatever CA wants them to, border opens money starts flowing.

It sounds crazy but CA never ceases to amaze in it’s BS laws and regulations.

diverwcw 08-22-2019 5:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California_Deplorable (Post 23335744)
Pure tyrannical arrogance for CA politicians to tell the representatives elected by citizens in another state, what they should do. Not surprising at all. CA politicians are an absolute disgrace. This is embarrassing, pathetic and shameful.

Spot on!

I would love to see a ceremony where the Nevada legislature burned the letter in public.

vino68 08-22-2019 5:50 PM

Is this Buffy, hot?

LEAD LAUNCHER 08-22-2019 6:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vino68 (Post 23337472)
Is this Buffy, hot?


Nope. You would think standing next to that hag Harris would help her in the looks department. Not in this case.

Attachment 829693

Richbutnotwealthy 08-22-2019 6:20 PM

Those 27 Democrat-Socialists need to be identified, fully outed in their districts and primaried by local activists.

/sure it's a pipe dream, but it's the only non-violent solution within our current system.

R Dale 08-22-2019 6:22 PM

Rather than admit all the stupid gun laws in CA dont help they want to now blame another state.

joepamjohn 08-22-2019 7:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGSDAD (Post 23335522)
Nevada should reply : " pound sand, we in Nevada dont have the mass shootings you do. Dont blame us, blame the crazies in YOUR state. Oh..and by the way STOP SENDING YOUR CRAZIES OVER HERE!!! "

You mean other than the worst one ever on record at the Mandalay Bay?

CitaDeL 08-22-2019 8:31 PM

Nevada needs to respond to the California legislature with a letter that says nothing more than "Mind your own business."

And I think every California legislator who applied ink to that letter ought to be marched up to a trap door gallows for violating their oath to the United States Constitution. They clearly have no idea what the Bill of Rights says.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.