Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   O.C. Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   great experience at OC Firearms in Fountain Valley (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=859578)

ConcreteJungle 12-01-2013 12:10 AM

great experience at OC Firearms in Fountain Valley

I stopped by OC Firearms today on my way back from the gun show in Costa Mesa. I was absolutely amazed with the service I received from them. I ended up hanging out there for about 1.5 hours to shoot the s**t with them. I ended up DROS-ing a Springfield while i was there...LOL...i couldn't say no, they gave me a great deal. I think i found my new favorite shop. The 30 mins drive (without traffic) will be a pita but it's worth it.

We even had a "who has the biggest pocket knife" contest. Sadly, i'm pretty sure i had the smallest. they made me feel very welcome and i will definitely go back if the wifey lets me spend some more money in the coming months. :D

thanks guys!!! i'll see you in 10 days to pick up my latest toy.

Exodus343 12-01-2013 12:14 AM

how were the pricing?

ConcreteJungle 12-01-2013 12:37 AM

prices are competitive...check it out:

http://www.ocfirearms.com/

urbanfood 12-01-2013 3:39 PM

Yup I discovered Steve this past summer. Bought all my gen 4 glocks from him. No extra charge for SSE. I make the trip down from west la because Steve understands customer service.

I just picked up my G26 from him a couple weeks ago and need to go back and have him put the nights sights on which he should be able to do on the spot.

Great shop and I'm finally glad to see his website up!

Glocker23 12-03-2013 1:36 AM

+1 for OC Firearms.

Good guys.

rod5591 12-08-2013 7:41 PM

I have done business with Steve at OC Firearms for the past 3 years. He built an AR-15 for me from parts and also sold me two Glocks. He is a great guy and his prices are good.

jdben92883 12-08-2013 8:51 PM

OCF for the win!

socalnonsage 12-09-2013 9:14 AM

I just used OC Firearms to transfer in 2 lowers from PSA. They were diligent (as in they called me the same day to the lowers arrived), knowledgeable (as answering questions about the builds I had in mind), and courteous. I would highly recommend them for any of your firearm needs.

esp1 12-30-2013 8:26 PM

Got an M&P Shield 9MM and did a PPT selling off my Versamax through OC Firearms. . . Only gunstore with a couch and coffee table filled with gun magazines. . . hanging out and waiting for your turn is always a good time. . .

calimstng66 01-01-2014 9:07 PM

Gots to jump on and give my shout out as well. These guys are normal gun loving people. Not the typical gun snob you get at alot of the gun shops. Great guys and really hope word spreads

Mp5marley 01-12-2014 7:39 PM

how much were the transfers from PSA? I guess wiht 2014 laws, it's a new dros per rifle/lower... arggghhh!!!

rigid650 03-07-2014 4:41 PM

Have to agree with avalon42 on this, my experince @ OCF was not just good customer service for a gun store, but one of the best customer service experiences ive had...

Steve is awesome :yes:

Track 05-02-2014 9:47 PM

Visited OCF last weekend after reading reviews here. Having been out of the game for many years starting a company and a family. Matt and Ryan were very nice guys and went out of their way to show me the latest and greatest with the utmost of patience. I will be giving them my business in short order.
Big thanks to all who recommended this store. The reviews are 100% as is the customer service.

BEE 05-02-2014 10:02 PM

+1 I drive up all the way from the southernest part of San Diego to do business with Steve and company.

longfuzzy 05-03-2014 12:23 AM

I wish I could say the same. I stopped by to check on the 22LR ammo situation. The guy at the desk said nope, not going to have anything anytime soon. No list I could be put on, no backorder. Just keep checking the website. Then another guy came from the back room. Said he just got off the phone with his vendor, was very likely to get a pallet delivered soon. Said they had an e-mail list that they notify costumers. Went back home, sent them an email via their website, never got any kind of reply. I would have at least thought I would have gotten a 'received your request' reply.
Oh well, maybe it was me.
-lf

deviljon 05-05-2014 9:14 AM

Too bad my COE + 03 FFL couldn't be used when I DROSed a new handgun my last visit. Other than that, good guys.

baka 05-06-2014 3:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deviljon (Post 14023949)
Too bad my COE + 03 FFL couldn't be used when I DROSed a new handgun my last visit. Other than that, good guys.

It's my understanding it's to do with the new dros system/interface not the stores.

There was a large thread about it last week in the FFL forum

sirdamonscott 05-28-2014 9:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConcreteJungle (Post 12882014)
prices are competitive...check it out:

http://www.ocfirearms.com/

I had just called yesterday to inquire about the Glock 17 gen4 and was told $40 higher than their internet price states. Kind of bummed since it was the cheapest price I've been able to find only to find out its the same as most places.

The girl who answered the phone was extremely polite and helpful though.

someoneeasy 05-30-2014 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirdamonscott (Post 14174885)
I had just called yesterday to inquire about the Glock 17 gen4 and was told $40 higher than their internet price states. Kind of bummed since it was the cheapest price I've been able to find only to find out its the same as most places.

The girl who answered the phone was extremely polite and helpful though.

Yea... I had a similar experience. When u was shopping around a few months ago, I checked out OC Firearms because of everything I read. Sadly, I was quoted a price $60 bucks more than a shop south on the 5 and I forget how much more than on their website.

Everybody saying that they don't charge for SSE, is wrong, I had them give me a price break down and clearly the SSE fee was there.

PC57 08-10-2014 4:03 PM

They do charge for SSE. It's usually $40. I find it depends who you talk to whether or not the SSE fee is added before or after tax. Their prices online are always less though. I don't think I've ever gotten a consistent price when asking for quotes over the phone and then waking into the store for the same gun. Even with the SSE fee their prices are still competitive...not the best but still really good!

That being said. They are a nice bunch of guys. Really friendly and willing to answer all your questions no matter how long. The only thing about that is if you're in a rush you may want to wait till you have more time to visit the shop. You can expect to spend over an hour there most times to complete a transaction. That's not really any fault of theirs it's just that they're so friendly and talkative with every customer that sometimes you have to wait a while before you're helped. I've already bought 4 guns there, I'll probably buy more. I just make sure I have a price quote before I go in and enough time to hang out.

TurboChrisB 08-12-2014 11:28 AM

Holy crap.....they'll about a mile from my business.....think I'll stop in today. Good timing as I'm looking for a new gun.

djeddiebear 08-13-2014 12:11 AM

Good guys. I think I've been there 10 times since June and I've already purchased 3 guns..

deviljon 08-13-2014 4:02 AM

Can someone from ocf pm me the out the door price on a vp9?

Revhendo 08-25-2014 8:43 PM

I'll add in a thumb up for OC Firearms. We were in on Saturday and it was flat out hectic in there. The staff were very helpful and made my wife and me feel very comfortable. We're now awaiting delivery of her RIA and it's imposed jail time.

TurboChrisB 08-27-2014 3:01 PM

Went by a couple times in the last week......nice guys. Paid for a Sig p938 last night.......now I gotta wait another week til I can start dros.....stupid 30 day law.

Dattebayo 08-28-2014 9:09 AM

Been doing business with Steve for some years now. Was originally recommended by my shooting buddy and appreciated the great service and positive experiences every time I purchased a gun there. My FFL I work for doesn't do FFL shipments or SSE so I send them all to Steve to get those squared away.

sword69 09-05-2014 6:51 PM

Another thumbs up for OC Firearms. Everyone there is super nice and helpful. Steve was busy helping someone else but took a moment to come by to make sure someone else was taking care of me. They definitely have my future business.

Capt1776 09-05-2014 8:40 PM

OC Firearms is awesome. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They are the opposite of the "typical gun store guys".

Exodus343 09-07-2014 4:33 PM

Same day SSE is a huge plus!

akacg 10-01-2014 12:33 PM

Steve and his crew are always very informative and helpful. If your gun you wish to purchase is listed on Galleryofguns.com OCF will have the best price, print the quote and take it in.

Nguyen 10-01-2014 5:54 PM

OC Firearms > Riflegear when it comes to price and no waiting...
Riflegear > OC Firearm gun selection and store size

Note, OC firearms has a much larger gun selection on their online store, but not in store.

texterter 10-29-2014 9:51 PM

I have to stop by there this weekend.