Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   San Bernardino Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Palm Springs Range Options (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=704061)

dpofs10 02-14-2013 5:39 PM

Palm Springs Range Options

Hey All,

Just moved down to Palm Springs and heard good things about the Palm Springs Gun Club, went to join... and it's full for 2013 :facepalm:

Any other recommendations around here? I've also heard Berdoo (sp?) canyon but would prefer a regular range. Though I'm glad to have that option at least, big improvement over San Fran!

softmentor 02-14-2013 6:03 PM

Hi there, and welcome to the desert! I'm a member of PSGC and would be willing to take you out there. Sorry about them being full, This is the first time I know of that happening. But I can still take a guest. I don't shoot very often but I'm sure we could make a day.
Also there is a place on public land a little ways off of Dillon Rd. near Indio. I could show you where that is. Send me a PM and we can set something up.

swruger 02-14-2013 8:35 PM

Hi Desert Rod and Gun Club, about 20 minutes out of Palm Springs, good people there.

Trap on Wednesdays and Sundays. Rifle including steel targets at 200 and 300 yards, and pistols from 15 yards out.

Not good at links so hope it works

http://www.hdrgc.com/

dpofs10 02-15-2013 4:45 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I didn't know about HDRGC. It looks very promising, I will check it out. And I really appreciate the generous offer softmentor, I'm out of town at the moment, but expect a pm in a couple weeks when I get back.

Xrover 02-17-2013 12:41 AM

I shoot out in Palm Desert in the mountains. it"s legal to shoot there, I have a 4 wheel drive and know many places to drive back into with nobody around. I am thinking on going Monday or Tues of this week if anyone wants to come along.

Call_me_Tom 02-17-2013 5:59 AM

There a bunch of places if you have a 4x4. DHS has a nice spot that cars can reach.

Xrover 02-17-2013 10:52 AM

I have a 4x4. I'm not sure what day i might go. It's supposed to rain i hear. Do you live out there?

Lenny

Call_me_Tom 02-18-2013 8:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrover (Post 10562089)
I have a 4x4. I'm not sure what day i might go. It's supposed to rain i hear. Do you live out there?

Lenny

I'm between Oceanside & Yucca Valley. I'm a Marine stationed in Oceanside but I visit my GF in Yucca on the weekends.

I also mountain bike so I've explored a lot of the areas around here & I've met locals who've showed me some good spots.

Xrover 02-18-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom (Post 10569378)
I'm between Oceanside & Yucca Valley. I'm a Marine stationed in Oceanside but I visit my GF in Yucca on the weekends.

I also mountain bike so I've explored a lot of the areas around here & I've met locals who've showed me some good spots.

My family live out there so I am also down there visiting quite often. Send me a PM and we can chat about meeting up sometime.

disintelligentsia 02-27-2013 5:47 AM

I'm in La Quinta

So I'd love to meet some fellow Cal Gun members and send some downrange.

Mopar85 04-01-2013 9:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom (Post 10569378)

I am stationed in 29 palms. Hit me up if you ever want to go shooting out this way.

border.bandito 04-01-2013 10:01 AM

berdoo is not bad at all. just went there this weekend (for the first time). drive as far back into the canyon as you can, its betta.
DHS is a no go, it was never really legal to shoot out there, but they never really enforced it until recently.

Rm7pr 05-11-2013 12:42 PM

Berdoo Canyon Road, head north from Dillon Road until you see where everyone shoots. 1000 palms Canyon Road north of Dillon Road is also good, same instructions as Berdoo. And now there's 2nd Amendment Sports which is where The Academy used to be. Otherwise if you have a 4x4 you can go explore. Just be careful it isn't against the law cause I've seen plenty of BLM and State Fish and Game around.

ChrisDM 05-17-2013 4:59 AM

I'm just getting back into shooting after a year or two focusing on other things. My son and I went up berdoo last week, a couple blm rangers came and checked my guns but were really nice... I'm always down to meet calgunners out in the field, pm me if you want to go.

---------------------------------
Chris

boy cameron 06-06-2013 9:20 AM

There's a range in Anza called Sewet. Its probably about an hour drive from you. Its on an Indian reservation and only open to the public on the weekends. I'm going this Saturday. Pm me if you want more info

mod8guy 06-06-2013 9:26 AM

There's a new indoor range at Second Amendment in Palm Desert off Washington. There's a range in Morongo Valley and one off 62 in 29 palms.

ChrisDM 06-06-2013 2:24 PM

That range is great and their guns/ammo selection and pricing is remarkable

Raptor49er 06-13-2013 8:15 PM

I'm a member of the 29 Palms Pistol and rifle club. It's off of Hwy 62. It's a drive from the lower desert but well worth it. otherwise off of Dillon rd. I have a topographic map somewhere of the lower desert areas that shows where it is legal to shoot at.

ChrisDM 06-14-2013 4:21 AM

Whats the max distance of the rifle range up there? I'd love an excuse to come up to the high desert during the summer heat in particular.

mod8guy 06-21-2013 6:29 AM

I think the 29 range has 1000+ yard steel downrange.

CALevo 07-25-2013 1:15 AM

If anyone wants to come a little west to my town of banning
We have a few good canyon shooting spots. Alot cooler temps then
The desert, that's why I moved away from palm desert. Let me know gunners.