Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Concealed Carry Discussion (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Online Applications Now Accepted In Riverside County (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1525650)

357Ryan 04-12-2019 2:49 PM

Online Applications Now Accepted In Riverside County
 
ON LINE CCW APPLICATION!!!

Sheriff Chad Bianco is very happy to announce our new CCW application process.

The CCW Unit is now at the Ben Clark Training Center for easier access and better parking, we also made the process digital. See link below.

Sheriff Chad Bianco is committed to fixing everything that was broken, and this was a priority.

https://riversideca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Current appointment wait times are around 4 weeks.

9mmContagion 04-12-2019 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 357Ryan (Post 22892553)
ON LINE CCW APPLICATION!!!

Sheriff Chad Bianco is very happy to announce our new CCW application process.

The CCW Unit is now at the Ben Clark Training Center for easier access and better parking, we also made the process digital. See link below.

Sheriff Chad Bianco is committed to fixing everything that was broken, and this was a priority.

https://riversideca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Current appointment wait times are around 4 weeks.

Wait! They moved BACK to Ben Clark?! Glad to hear of the digital apps and quicker processing!

demento19 04-12-2019 3:40 PM

Great news. I need to do a modification... it looks like they want me to upload the qualification paperwork... but last time at ben clark they just took down my name and didn’t give me any paperwork. I’ll have to email and call. :/

Edit- I did more reading. If you qualify for amendment at Ben Clark, it says to fill out application and they will transfer the paperwork.

Spyrish 04-15-2019 12:33 PM

Does anyone know if Ben Clark charges a fee for qualifying with firearms at their range you want to add to your license?

I did my initial qualification at Ben Clark, and wondering if that initial 100.00 payment covers this too.

Mp5marley 04-20-2019 3:21 PM

following

357Ryan 04-24-2019 1:57 PM

Submitted my online application today (4/24/19) and was able to pick an appointment date just 20 days out (5/14/19).

I noticed on the appointment calendar that pretty much after 20 days there were lots of openings.

Coonhound88 04-24-2019 7:34 PM

Do I need to have the three copies of character references uploaded when I apply?

I have contacted my three references to write one for me but one lives in Texas and the other in Oregon, so itíll take a bit to get in hand.

357Ryan 04-25-2019 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coonhound88 (Post 22935531)
Do I need to have the three copies of character references uploaded when I apply?

I have contacted my three references to write one for me but one lives in Texas and the other in Oregon, so itíll take a bit to get in hand.

You could complete the app without the 3 character references. Once you complete it you get a order # and with that you can return to your application any time to upload additional docs.

357Ryan 06-05-2019 12:20 PM

Training & Qualifications @ Ben Clark was not only fun, informative but very releaxed and easy. Hardest part was giving up a Saturday.

The instructor was funny, educated on the rules, provided many tips & tricks and made the entire process smooth for us. There was absolutely no attempt to fail or dissuade you from getting your CCW. Overall it was an awesome experience.

Everyone in our class passed :)

357Ryan 07-02-2019 1:24 PM

4/29/19 - Online application submitted
5/14/19 - Interview (10min)
5/25/19 - CCW Training
6/6/19 - Live Scan
6/24/19 - Approved

Total Time: 8 Weeks Start-To-Finish



Tips: Take your CCW class ASAP, even before the interview. Also call to schedule your Live Scan for the next available appointment AFTER your interview date. If I had done these 2 things the 8 weeks would probably be closer to 4-5 weeks.

bigdawg86 07-06-2019 2:33 PM

The online system is so much more efficient and you don't have the Stan Sniff perjury trap supplemental application. I just finished my 3rd renewal today and the class was short and sweet, range time wasn't over crowded. Started at 8 and driving home by 11:30 having qualified 4 weapons. Great group of people!

GuyFawkes 07-10-2019 11:38 PM

With this new application process does anyone know how soon before expiration we should be submitting renewals? Couldn't find it on the website.

357Ryan 08-22-2019 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes (Post 23196856)
With this new application process does anyone know how soon before expiration we should be submitting renewals? Couldn't find it on the website.

Exactly 90 days before your CCW expires you need to start the renewal paperwork. This is what I was told by RSO CCW unit about a month ago.

giaking70 08-28-2019 10:58 PM

Now if SDSO will get onboard and do this...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.