Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   San Diego Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=295)
-   -   CalGuns Gun Show Booth, Del Mar May,18th &19th,2013 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=713766)

bplvr 02-27-2013 4:13 PM

CalGuns Gun Show Booth, Del Mar May,18th &19th,2013

CalGuns Gun Show Booth
Venue: Del Mar Gun Show
Dates : May 18th and 19th 2013
Location: Del Mar Fairgrounds....................................... .......

Booth Time: Sat. 8-5 & Sun. 8-4
Venue info : HTTP://crossroadsgunshows.com

There is NO: smoking, alcohol, music, children, or guys in Speedos allowed at the CGN booth. :facepalm:

Noob ..N
Veteran ..V

If you want to volunteer at the booth you MUST answer the following 3 questions :

1 ] Do you have a CalGuns BLUE Polo ?

2 ] If not ,what SIZE do you wear ?

3 ] Which DAY and SHIFT do you prefer ?

We now have LADIES CGN shirts in a soft teal color.
{there is a picture of Heather wearing one at the end of the Sept. '12 Del Mar Gun Show thread }

...................Crew.......... 4 MAXIMUM per shift at the CGN booth.

Please reply only on this thread, as I read PM's once a year.

Booth Coordinator / Co-Coordinator{s}: ___________

Do to the "restructuring" of this event I will meet volunteers at the sheriff's gun check table @ 8:02 am and 1:02pm.

Sat. 8-1: /.SSM {Y}:oji:/shenanigoat {Y}/.badkitty {Y}./.barrym66{Y}./ SHIFT FILLED

Sat. 1-5: /.SSM {Y}:oji:/[.shenanigoat {Y}/.retired {Y}./.barrym66 {Y}./SHIFT FILLED

Sun. 8-1:/.SSM {Y}:oji:./. gigglemonkey {Y}./.barrym66{Y}./.jsull86 {N-Med}./SHIFT FILLED
Sun. 1-4:/.Mr.GQ {Y}:tt1:.../....V..../....V..../.jsull86 {N-Med}./

. Alternates :
NO SHOWS : Lilium , gadsenarmory,aka"TheExpertish",
Target-Ed, Budprop,SDA2,heather1437,

hoss_hk 02-27-2013 8:18 PM

We all know about the current protest about the gun show being held at Del Mar, so now it is even more important to have representation there. You'd be surprised at how many people at the gun show have never heard of Calguns. Although at the booth we are not there to offer opinions (only information), it is important to point out that we have 2A and CRPA forums, in addition to Calguns Foundation and Calguns Shooting Sports Association info.

Please note new volunteers will have to pay $20 for their blue Calguns booth polo shirt.

Contact bplvr with any questions.

UPDATE (5/7/13)
Show will be held in western-most hall, the "Exhibit Hall". Enter through the Solana Gate (business gate) off Via de la Valle. The sheriff's gun check table should be next to the booth where you can buy tickets to get in.

How do I attend as a new volunteer?

Please arrive at the requested time/correct location to check in with the Booth Coordinator and get your CGN Polo. Individuals are to put on a friendly face and be approachable. Avoid conversing with one another if the general public is present at the booth. Face your audience and avoid having your backs to the public.

1. Please, NO SMOKING, NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL.
2. Wear the official blue polo – CGN T-shirts are not acceptable.
3. No hats.
3. AM volunteers to arrive in advance to help with set up before the show opens to the public, as requested by the booth coordinator.
4. PM volunteers to assist with tear down towards the last 30 minutes of the show on Sunday.
5. Calguns materials are to be displayed on the table; personal items are to be stored below the table or out of sight.
6. ALL guns MUST be inspected and tied, and have a “Not For Sale “ on them. Usually rack has not for sale sign
7. Law enforcement personnel should be treated with respect at all times regardless of the personal views of volunteers. Anyone violating this rule will be asked to leave, sans polo, and your $20.00 will be refunded.
8. Stay off your phone.

Talking Points
• You are not an attorney and cannot offer legal advice, but you can be open in answering general firearms questions. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, have him ask it on the forum -- that is what the site is for.
• Offer to discuss your experiences and why you enjoy being a member of Calguns.
• Stress that Calguns supports the gun rights of all. Steer clear of discussing topics that may be “inflammatory”.
• You are responsible for what you say. Be careful! There can and will be people there who may try to trip you up or who think they know it all and will challenge you. Giving no answer is better than giving a wrong answer. The default answer to any question you don't know should be to refer them to the booth coordinator or refer them to CGN where they can post their question and get the answer from one of the "legal beagles" available there.
• It is also not uncommon for someone to approach you and attempt to lure you into an illegal firearm transaction. Do not get involved in any such activity and if the person persists, contact Law Enforcement. The booth coordinator does not keep bail money on his person.

Here's what the booth typically looks like. General Calguns printed info, stickers, patches, t-shirts, and usually a couple interesting firearms (marked not for sale) on display. Note how happy you will be as a Calguns volunteer!

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psb138cd82.jpg

bplvr 02-27-2013 8:42 PM

Hey , that SSM guy on the extreme right is clearly in violation of rule #3. :eek:

"Schoot him Lizbet,schoot him!".

KON5T 02-27-2013 9:15 PM

I am available for any of the session,
Got Polo,
Vet

minutemanben 02-28-2013 9:14 AM

Should we bring a gun to put on the rack? Or is this a "if you found something before your shift" in case kind of thing?

hoss_hk 02-28-2013 9:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr (Post 10669398)
Hey , that SSM guy on the extreme right is clearly in violation of rule #3. :eek:

"Schoot him Lizbet,schoot him!".

What rule #3?

sofbak 02-28-2013 10:58 AM

No hats

bplvr 02-28-2013 12:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a pic of the Sacramento CGN Bakeoff and Gun Show booth........;)

There is only one guy violating Rule #3.

hoss_hk 02-28-2013 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofbak (Post 10674158)
No hats

I don't see any hats- maybe just some old guy with no forehead...

bplvr 02-28-2013 9:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoss_hk (Post 10680361)
I don't see any hats- maybe just some old guy with no forehead...

Looks like someone photo shopped our #1 chick magnet and "Senior Stud Muffin". :mad:

The prosecution .....rests.

hoss_hk 03-01-2013 9:40 AM

Where have I seen that guy before? Probably the only hat that should be allowed at gun shows...

<mollie-at-del-mar.jpg>
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psf80d1d26.jpg

sd_arby 03-03-2013 1:45 PM

What about the show on March 9 and 10?

KON5T 03-04-2013 2:59 PM

I can do a shift, any time, morning or noon, vet, have polo.

shenanigoat 03-10-2013 10:13 PM

Put me down for Saturday, all day. Veteran, have a polo.

bplvr 03-13-2013 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenanigoat (Post 10774607)
Put me down for Saturday, all day. Veteran, have a polo.

I put you in with a bit of reservation as you just have too much fun at the booth . :D ;)

but then so does your humble Community Organizer.....

KON5T 03-13-2013 4:02 PM

If anyone wants to take my second shift on Sunday, I wouldn't mind passing that one up :-)

hoss_hk 03-14-2013 8:17 PM

rock 'n roll- good to see people making this commitment!

shenanigoat 03-24-2013 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr (Post 10800161)
I put you in with a bit of reservation as you just have too much fun at the booth . :D ;)

but then so does your humble Community Organizer.....

What can I say? Someone's got to bring the party. We need those good-time vibes to just ooze from our general vicinity :mnl:

XenosAce 05-04-2013 12:28 AM

Wait Calgun booth is cancelled now?

BadKitty 05-04-2013 1:17 PM

Yeah, did I get fired? :confused:

BK

XenosAce 05-04-2013 1:40 PM

Wait my head hurts, it was cancelled, then now it doesnt say it is cancelled. My brain itches :confused:

Can'thavenuthingood 05-04-2013 3:01 PM

Show not cancelled.

Sure you are not thinking of the Ontario show?

Vick

bplvr 05-04-2013 3:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood (Post 11264102)
Show not cancelled.

Vick

OOPS ! Ontario was cancelled cuz we are on the end of the line to get a table.

it's a long line.

XenosAce 05-04-2013 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood (Post 11264102)
Show not cancelled.

Vick

On the title of this thread it said the booth was cancelled, when I first posted that it was cancelled. I only go on the SD charter sub-forum because I live in SD. Then later it was edited and it didn't say that no more. That is why my brain itched.

bplvr 05-04-2013 3:36 PM

Let's see...... I'm just short of 70 years. I am on the CGN google groups
forum ,I have people E-mailing,P/Ming and replying on threads about shows
all over the state.
I only peck type ,wear trifocals,my teeth keep falling out, and I am sitting on a full Depends. :oji:

ps: sorry to hear about yur 'itchy brain'. ;)

BadKitty 05-04-2013 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr
When I didn't hear from you by Thursday the 2nd at noon I thought that you were still back east.

My mistake. I put you back on for Saturday am.

Any chance that you can do 2 shifts on Saturday?
I think that we are losing MR GQ for both days . He's moving.

Durr.....I guess I messed up. I didn't realize I was supposed to contact you. :confused: :o

I don't think I can do the whole day; I'll have to play it by ear. Also, I think minutemanben was supposed to be on the Sat PM shift, right?

BK

XenosAce 05-04-2013 4:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr (Post 11264311)
Let's see...... I'm just short of 70 years. I am on the CGN google groups
forum ,I have people E-mailing,P/Ming and replying on threads about shows
all over the state.
I only peck type ,wear trifocals,my teeth keep falling out, and I am sitting on a full Depends. :oji:

ps: sorry to hear about yur 'itchy brain'. ;)

Great way to make a guy feel bad about himself :( I did not mean to imply fault to anyone, especially you. I have read some of your post and know you do alot. That being an understatement. I just got confused. Which is not hard to do to me, just ask my lady :p She makes me scratch my brains out all the time.

bplvr 05-04-2013 6:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadKitty (Post 11264398)
Durr.....I guess I messed up. I didn't realize I was supposed to contact you. :confused: :o

I don't think I can do the whole day; I'll have to play it by ear. Also, I think minutemanben was supposed to be on the Sat PM shift, right?

BK

minuteman sent me a p/m and bailed.

MrGQ is moving that weekend and most likely won't be there either.

bplvr 05-05-2013 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenosAce (Post 11264480)
Great way to make a guy feel bad about himself :( I did not mean to imply fault to anyone, especially you. I have read some of your post and know you do alot. That being an understatement. I just got confused. Which is not hard to do to me, just ask my lady :p She makes me scratch my brains out all the time.

if you are with your lady and you are 'scratching your brains out'..........
..........you are doing it wrong. So says my MILF. {avatar}

barrym66 05-05-2013 9:02 PM

I'm in, Mike - Saturday for sure, and if needed, half day Sunday.

Same shirts as last year?

bplvr 05-05-2013 9:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrym66 (Post 11273252)
I'm in, Mike - Saturday for sure, and if needed, half day Sunday.

Same shirts as last year?

Yup !
Remember the ammo store opens at 8:30 for other vendors......bring $30,000+ in cash. {and a wheelie cart}{ and a BIG truck} ;)

Please try not to have too much fun and NO speedos or unitards. :puke:

XenosAce 05-06-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplvr (Post 11272475)
if you are with your lady and you are 'scratching your brains out'..........
..........you are doing it wrong. So says my MILF. {avatar}

:facepalm: oh my, you got me. My lady will be informed of this 'sticky' situation:oji:

retired 05-06-2013 3:57 PM

I will work Sat., 1-5pm and I have a shirt.

hoss_hk 05-07-2013 7:15 PM

Show info updated in #2 post. Show will be held in western-most hall, the "Exhibit Hall". Enter through the Solana Gate (business gate) off Via de la Valle. The sheriff's gun check table should be next to the booth where you can buy tickets to get in.

lorax3 05-09-2013 10:55 AM

Saturday is full...but I will be coming by the booth. I need another Calgns shirt and a polo.

bplvr 05-09-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorax3 (Post 11303246)
Saturday is full...but I will be coming by the booth. I need another Calgns shirt and a polo.

Polos are only available in SAND . What size do you need ?

KON5T 05-11-2013 9:05 AM

Guys sorry about the short notice, but I have to be out of town for work nest week/weekend, so I cannot make it to the show. Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

bplvr 05-11-2013 9:32 AM

We really need people for Sunday ,it's kinda thin.

jsull86 05-11-2013 6:45 PM

I can volunteer on Sunday.

I don't have a shirt. I wear a medium. I can work either shift or both if need be.

bplvr 05-11-2013 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsull86 (Post 11322938)
I can volunteer on Sunday.

I don't have a shirt. I wear a medium. I can work either shift or both if need be.

you are in . Be at the sheriffs gun check table @ 8:02 am.