Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California handguns (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   is it possible to do a interstate ppt in california? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=730467)

glock_monster 03-22-2013 10:31 PM

is it possible to do a interstate ppt in california?

I want a mac-10 and a tec-9 I see them for sale here but not very often . How can I go about not just gettin those,but any firearm from a out of state party and is it even possible to do that in ca?

Ron-Solo 03-22-2013 11:41 PM

Since those are both listed assault weapons, I'd say no.

Also, a "PPT" is a face to face transfer between two individuals.

glock_monster 03-23-2013 12:50 AM

I know the tec and mac are off reg. but that's just what made me wonder if you can get firearms shipped had a guy wanting to trade out of state on glock forum can you do this thru ffl for ca approved firearms ?

Munk 03-23-2013 9:05 AM

Quote:

I want a mac-10 and a tec-9 I see them for sale here but not very often . How can I go about not just gettin those,
If they're assault weapons by name (Check the Handgun AW chart... they are), what you are seeing are similar to a mac-10 or tec-9 without actually being one (i.e. Off List).

Now, if you've found an off-list pistol, it needs to be either on the roster, or exempt from the roster (or acquired in an exempt fastion).

On Roster: Go to any gun store, order one, or have one shipped and transferred, no problem.

Off roster: You'll need to have the gun put into a single-shot exempt configuration, then you can transfer through any FFL who knows the SSE well enough to not fear it.

- Roster-Exempt transactions (what you're likely seeing offered): A PPT (Face to face private party transfer by CA residents performed at an FFL) doesn't give a crap about the roster.

Quote:

but any firearm from a out of state party and is it even possible to do that in ca?
The gun in question has to be legal in CA first of all, so no Assault weapons. Then the gun, if a handgun, has to be rostered or roster-exempt (covered earlier). If it passes these, you just arrange to have the transfer performed through your local FFL. Don't surprise them with a delivery, or notice that a delivery is en-route; normal transfers have no state mandate, so they can be denied, or rates can be excessive.

There is no "PPT" between CA residents and out of state residents as far as CA cares. It's just a transfer (whether between a private party or a business) and FFLs can charge whatever they like for the cost of doing it.

glock_monster 03-23-2013 9:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munk (Post 10892152)
If they're assault weapons by name (Check the Handgun AW chart... they are), what you are seeing are similar to a mac-10 or tec-9 without actually being one (i.e. Off List).

Now, if you've found an off-list pistol, it needs to be either on the roster, or exempt from the roster (or acquired in an exempt fastion).

On Roster: Go to any gun store, order one, or have one shipped and transferred, no problem.

Off roster: You'll need to have the gun put into a single-shot exempt configuration, then you can transfer through any FFL who knows the SSE well enough to not fear it.

- Roster-Exempt transactions (what you're likely seeing offered): A PPT (Face to face private party transfer by CA residents performed at an FFL) doesn't give a crap about the roster.

The gun in question has to be legal in CA first of all, so no Assault weapons. Then the gun, if a handgun, has to be rostered or roster-exempt (covered earlier). If it passes these, you just arrange to have the transfer performed through your local FFL. Don't surprise them with a delivery, or notice that a delivery is en-route; normal transfers have no state mandate, so they can be denied, or rates can be excessive.

There is no "PPT" between CA residents and out of state residents as far as CA cares. It's just a transfer (whether between a private party or a business) and FFLs can charge whatever they like for the cost of doing it.

Thanks! That's the exact info I was looking for!

missiontrails 03-23-2013 9:40 AM

What do you do with a semi-auto Mac 10 except stare at it?

chillincody 03-23-2013 9:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiontrails (Post 10892449)

you make it go bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang reload and repeat :43:

glock_monster 03-23-2013 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillincody (Post 10892483)
you make it go bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang reload and repeat :43:

Lol! That's pretty much what I had in mind lol

Marcus von W. 03-24-2013 8:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillincody (Post 10892483)

I have 2 .45 MAC 10's - an old original Texas Military Armaments Corp model that I've had, and a new MPA top-cocker I just scored at Faith Armory in Temecula.
The MPA was brought into the People's Republic as a single shot and is still in the "Anti-gun politicians and their Bolshevik regime take your money and sit around and jack each other off for 10 days" period, so I have not yet been able to ditch the black plastic single-round magazine well butt-plug and the little piece of crap that sits where the mag release should be.

Neither are on the list of evil, child and puppy killing, banned assault weapons drawn up by Marxist morons who should stick to gay bar glory holes and leave honest law-abiding firearms owners exercising their Constitutional Civil Human Rights along. There are a couple MAC models named on the As-s(holes wrote it)ault gun list, but not mine.

Agree with, but least in my case, ChillinCody needs to add another 20 "bangs" to that statement. Yeah, I have a big box of original WW2 grease gun magazines and as long as the dreaded, mass-murdering threaded barrel feature has been neutered for your and my sefety, it's 30 rounds of pure "stick it up your a.s.s., Mr. and Mrs. Democrat" fun.

bslaney 03-24-2013 10:15 AM

If PPTs are roster-exempt, does that mean my grandfather currently living in Utah could buy something off-roster, send it to my FFL and allow me to pick it up, no questions asked (obviously going through DROS and whatever else is normally involved)?

CSACANNONEER 03-24-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiontrails (Post 10892449)

I bought my MAC clone just to slap CA's AWB in the face and to have a gun to use all my $2 32 round sten mags in. It's a POS just like all MACs are. I only use it to show new shooters how stupid our laws are. They end up realizing that they are better off facing a criminal with a MAC while they use a 5 shot revolver than the other way around.

NikePenguin 03-24-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslaney (Post 10900960)
If PPTs are roster-exempt, does that mean my grandfather currently living in Utah could buy something off-roster, send it to my FFL and allow me to pick it up, no questions asked (obviously going through DROS and whatever else is normally involved)?

PPT is a face-to-face transfer between two CA residents so "no".

However, since this is between a grandchild/grandparent, the intrafamilial transfer is roster-exempt but will still need to go through an FFL.

CSACANNONEER 03-24-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikePenguin (Post 10901605)
PPT is a face-to-face transfer between two CA residents so "no".

While this is not legally true. In reality, the DOJ has made it so. There is nothing in written law that says a seller in a PPT has to be a CA resident. However, the DOJ has not allowed for such on the PPT forms.

bslaney 03-24-2013 6:03 PM

So then he could send an off-roster handgun to an FFL and everything is kosher?

Librarian 03-24-2013 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslaney (Post 10904363)
So then he could send an off-roster handgun to an FFL and everything is kosher?

He (your grandfather in UT) may indeed give you a gift of a handgun not on the Roster. The FFL needs a statement that the transfer IS a GIFT.

Check with your local FFL to be sure they understand intrafamilial interstate transfers of gifts are exempt from the Roster, and that Federal law requires using the FFL for interstate transfer.

See also the Calguns Foundation Wiki articles on

Intrafamilial transfer - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Tr...Family_Members

Interstate transfer - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Tr...rms_Interstate

bslaney 03-24-2013 6:33 PM

Alright, thanks for the information.

glock_monster 03-24-2013 7:50 PM

Good info fellas. I want a mac and a tec9 just cause there evil ! Lol :devil:

bslaney 03-25-2013 9:38 AM

Keep in mind, both of those are banned by name by the AW laws; the tec-9 it's also banned because it has a detachable magazine outside of the grip.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Munk 03-25-2013 9:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslaney (Post 10909296)
Keep in mind, both of those are banned by name by the AW laws; the tec-9 it's also banned because it has a detachable magazine outside of the grip.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

That's what mag-locks/bulletbuttons are for. The hard part is finding someone to make one for a less common gun.

chasjr1 03-25-2013 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslaney (Post 10900960)

NO CAN NOT DO THAT

Cyc Wid It 03-25-2013 6:42 PM

Banned by name = cannot be made compliant. Re-read the stickies and flow-chart people...

glock_monster 03-25-2013 6:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It (Post 10914675)
Banned by name = cannot be made compliant. Re-read the stickies and flow-chart people...

Im happy with a mac named a m10a1 instead lol