Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Riverside Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=360)
-   -   STEELE PEAK SHOOTING AREA (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=693565)

Darryl Licht 03-30-2017 5:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndoDef (Post 19892320)
Agree 100%

Steele peak/Christmas tree (whatever you knew it by) was a victim of this. Before people knew about it you could go there on any given day and shoot safely with relatively zero trash. But once it became public knowledge that was all she wrote

Exactly what I was referring to!

As a Riverside resident, I've been visiting SP for nearly 20 years and I can guarantee you that the Internet and forums like ours (and others) have contributed to increased traffic and trash!

yarjarrar 03-30-2017 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Licht (Post 19889348)
Half Cocked --- Great way to get more spots shut down due to trash and stuff.

Probably not a great idea to post links to maps, etc... unless seeing these few spots left closed down too. Its the folks who are too lazy to figure this stuff out on their own that are most likely too lazy to pick up after themselves.

No, it's the blm that just uses trash as an excuse to close shooting spots. They're using it as a mind game to make us turn on each other. If they wanted, they could just keep them open. It hurts absolutely nobody to have some targets already set up.

Darryl Licht 03-30-2017 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarjarrar (Post 19894193)
No, it's the blm that just uses trash as an excuse to close shooting spots. They're using it as a mind game to make us turn on each other. If they wanted, they could just keep them open. It hurts absolutely nobody to have some targets already set up.

You can disagree all you like, but I'm telling you as a shooter who has frequented the area for 20 years, that the place only got more crowded and more trashed thanks to the Internet and forums like this.

Eat Dirt 03-30-2017 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Licht (Post 19894435)
You can disagree all you like, but I'm telling you as a shooter who has frequented the area for 20 years, that the place only got more crowded and more trashed thanks to the Internet and forums like this.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ashpicture.jpg

Darryl Licht 03-30-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Dirt (Post 19895028)

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Phat Daddy 03-31-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Licht (Post 19894435)

Maybe forums but overall I blame things like FB and Instagram. I also have been going to SP for over 12+ years and actually talked to quite a few shooters out there over the years. Not one that I talked to ever heard of Calguns. Most were new to guns in general and from LA county.

Just like Deliverance. I've been going there since it "opened". Pretty much was empty on weekends except for the ones who knew about it. Once they posted it on FB, it hit other forums and it was a zoo on the weekends!

I say most that are taking the time to post on Calguns, buying and selling, etc. are not the problem. You have to also remember gun sales were at 8 million in 2000. By 2015 they were hitting 24 million!!!

Darryl Licht 03-31-2017 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phat Daddy (Post 19898116)
Maybe forums but overall I blame things like FB and Instagram. I also have been going to SP for over 12+ years and actually talked to quite a few shooters out there over the years. Not one that I talked to ever heard of Calguns. Most were new to guns in general and from LA county.

Just like Deliverance. I've been going there since it "opened". Pretty much was empty on weekends except for the ones who knew about it. Once they posted it on FB, it hit other forums and it was a zoo on the weekends!

I say most that are taking the time to post on Calguns, buying and selling, etc. are not the problem. You have to also remember gun sales were at 8 million in 2000. By 2015 they were hitting 24 million!!!

While I agree with some of your points, I must point out how many threads pop up here regarding Steele Peak or Christmas Tree Ln over the last 6-10 years. The same goes for AR15.com and other similar forums. And yes, some idiot created a Steele Peak FB page last year!

Obama will go down in history as the best gun salesman ever!

trotslayer 04-10-2017 8:39 AM

Any 1 driven by there? I just got a text saying its open again? But he couldnt confirm

Calico1404 04-10-2017 8:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotslayer (Post 19942631)
Any 1 driven by there? I just got a text saying its open again? But he couldnt confirm

We tend to work on Confirmed information.

Darryl Licht 04-10-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotslayer (Post 19942631)

:confused: :confused: :confused: Who is "he", where did "he" hear this, why couldn't "he" confirm??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I seriously doubt that the county rescinded ordinance 514 or that the City of Lake Elsinore gave back the adjacent land they annexed... but hell anything is possible!

Illumi Naughty 04-10-2017 2:54 PM

I was there last weekend for shock tuning, there were about a dozen vehicles there shooting in full disregard of the sign up front that says there shall be none of it.

Was there for a few hours and cruised over the mountains to Hwy 74, never saw LEO of any kind.

yarjarrar 04-14-2017 10:39 PM

Wow, I might go check it out this weekend. That would be awesome.

Darryl Licht 04-15-2017 9:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarjarrar (Post 19965858)
Wow, I might go check it out this weekend. That would be awesome.

You stating you will be violating a posted county no shooting ordinance on a public forum is even more awesome! :facepalm:

Face it... SP is closed forever!

Shoot and risk receiving a ticket, or worse!

desertrider 04-15-2017 10:23 AM

Nope. Not gonna say it.

retired 04-16-2017 1:03 PM

There really is no reason for this thread to continue. Steele Peak is closed and if anyone wants to know why that is the case, they can read the thread and find the posts that explain specifically why it is closed.

It's unfortunate that it has come to this, especially after all of the hard work Calguns members have expended over the years to clean the range (no small undertaking) in an attempt to keep it open.