Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Riverside Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=360)
-   -   STEELE PEAK SHOOTING AREA (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=693565)

jumbopanda 03-13-2013 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ShotsNoDucks (Post 10792700)
So far, it seems as though the BLM boys are tolerating the clays. But I went out on Friday morning around 9 and was disappointed to see that much of the effort the clean up team made has already been nixed. THOUSANDS of emptys and a truck load or two of shot up junk from 5 ga jugs to spongebob toys to beer bottles to cans and every other kind of trash you can imagine. I gathered a trashbag load and left somewhat disgusted. It is going to be up to shooters with some ethics to tell the jackholes to pick up their crap! If not, the anti's are going to run with it and another area we can shoot will be gone...speak your mind to the inconsiderate...even though they're armed...

Well, count me in for the next cleanup then.

2ShotsNoDucks 03-18-2013 6:48 PM

Nubrun...My point exactly. Obviously THAT is working well... it's time to tell them directly...if we want to keep the right. At least one shooter is willing to cover me...thanks Gemini Effect...With Liberty comes great responsibility.

barracudamuscle 04-01-2013 9:33 AM

Can someone please PM me where this is at exactly? Im signed up for the Apr 27 cleanup but was wanting to head out there during the week and shoot a little then pack out what I can.

Thanks,
Pat

carr 05-09-2013 6:53 PM

I'm thinking about going up there early on Saturday morning to scope it out. Anyone else going this weekend?

plankowner 05-13-2013 8:08 AM

can I also get a pm on location, would like to go I have a truck and would be happy to drag some extra trash out.

Danhobie 05-25-2013 1:59 PM

Can I also ask for more info on how to get there please?

LiferLance 05-27-2013 6:36 PM

Just shot there today, some ****tard went a tossed about 40 full spray paint cans up in the impact areas. My first 5 minutes there was playing fireman because I was the only person who brought a fire extinguisher. I also had to pack out tons of trash. There must have been 1200 pieces of brass and another 1200 hulls. I'll take the brass if its free, but the hulls and beer bottles kinda pissed me off.

cliffv 05-27-2013 7:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiferLance (Post 11445691)
Just shot there today, some ****tard went a tossed about 40 full spray paint cans up in the impact areas. My first 5 minutes there was playing fireman because I was the only person who brought a fire extinguisher. I also had to pack out tons of trash. There must have been 1200 pieces of brass and another 1200 hulls. I'll take the brass if its free, but the hulls and beer bottles kinda pissed me off.

That's a bummer!

I was there yesterday from 9-1 and thought it looked pretty good. On the way out I saw a couple of blm rangers there talking to a large group of people who were using the rocks as a backstop. I gave the rangers a friendly wave and got on my way with a bag of trash, my brass, and my targets.

Cliff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

LiferLance 05-28-2013 4:58 AM

The guys on the rocks were all shooting their beer bottles. We left around 4 and quite a few people left trashed targets, broken glass, brass and hulls.
On a side note, what's the scrap value of AK brass?

dadoody 06-03-2013 2:25 AM

Count me in for the next clean up as well. I'll bring my grabber :)

Also, need directions. I met EatDirt @ the gunshow and just found out about this place.

LiferLance 06-04-2013 2:13 PM

If you meet me at my place, we can carpool.

dvldogster76 06-05-2013 8:03 PM

I'm heading out there this Sat AM. Anyone else going?

LiferLance 06-06-2013 5:36 AM

I'm going with 4-7 buddies. The plan is to shoot till we run out of ammo or get bored, then do what I did last time and police all the brass and trash around our shooting area.

LiferLance 06-09-2013 6:29 AM

Well, the place was pretty good this time. Ran into a guy teaching his kid to shoot, so we let him fire off a few from our .22s. Lots of steel casings, but almost no trash.

joecfran 06-14-2013 10:03 AM

Glad to hear there is less and less trash out there, planning to head out there later this month, i think on the 30th, will definitely bring plenty of trash bags and clean up equipment!

bigdawg86 06-24-2013 7:34 PM

Word of caution... I had a buddy who said there was a lot of LEO activity here recently. Checking serials, vehicle VIN numbers, magazines, ammo, etc... He even said an 80% was confiscated from someone (who knows, could have been prohibited person). Be careful other there you guys.

Eat Dirt 06-25-2013 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdawg86 (Post 11662809)
Word of caution... I had a buddy who said there was a lot of LEO activity here recently. Checking serials, vehicle VIN numbers, magazines, ammo, etc... He even said an 80% was confiscated from someone (who knows, could have been prohibited person). Be careful other there you guys.

Really.

Need more info.

Give me some facts to work with / When ,,,Who was the officer,,,,Day and Time

msand951 06-25-2013 6:33 PM

Quote:

Thats sucks .

msand951 06-25-2013 6:36 PM

Was going take the kids out to have fun with the 10/22 . But i dont want to get harassed for my 25rd ers. How the Perris place I never been there.

jurrd87 06-26-2013 9:41 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a ploy to scare us all off of the place so he can get more trigger time...

I have been more times than I can count and have never seen any LEO stop and question anyone, at most the Rangers will drive through, turn around and leave.

Nice try though bud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Eat Dirt 06-26-2013 9:52 PM

^^^ Also
We haven't heard back from the guy with More Info. about his claim

msand951 06-27-2013 8:15 PM

Any of you take your chances there with your standard size mags. On featureless rifles and 10/22 of course.

Tm27tt 06-27-2013 10:14 PM

was out there on 6/25, saw the sheriff and ranger pass by, didn't even stop to question anybody.

msand951 06-29-2013 2:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tm27tt (Post 11688948)
was out there on 6/25, saw the sheriff and ranger pass by, didn't even stop to question anybody.

Thanks thats good to know. Its too hot this weekend to be out.

LiferLance 06-29-2013 3:21 PM

I'm going for the 4th. Heat be damned, I'm going to exercise my rights before someone takes them away.

jkickin2 07-04-2013 9:37 PM

Can someone pm me the cordinates to this place? I heard about it from a friend of mine in the area. I don't mind taking a truck or 2 of crap out. I can even bring my flatbed trailer. Thanks again.

David951 07-31-2013 11:56 AM

Hello Everyone.

I too would like to learn the location. I always clean up after myself. Let me know the date/time of the next clean up event.
Im in the process of teaching my daughter to be a responsible 2A practitioner.
Thanks in advance.
David

EdgarCervantes 08-05-2013 10:22 AM

I have been going there for 11 years have only encountered a ranger once, like 4 months ago.

hellabent 08-12-2013 9:27 AM

Can someone pm the directions as well. I have a basic idea of where it is but with the current gas prices I'd rather invest that cash in .22lr :)
Thanks calgunners

Holydude13 08-24-2013 4:32 PM

Is this place closed as of recently I want to go tomorrow just don't want to show up and it be closed

10rdmag 08-30-2013 11:59 AM

just back from steel peak an hour or so ago. didn't drive too far back as it was not crowded...The mess is not that bad but the 12g shells really make it look worse

there was however a real clean cut looking type "walking his dog" through the area. he was not a shooter, on foot, walking his freaking dog. I cleaned up and left.

johnking 08-30-2013 2:05 PM

what is the coordinate for the location? I want to join shot and clean up too.

Mcasshl247 09-24-2013 12:28 PM

Hey guys Im fairly new to Cal guns. I just found out about Steele Peak today!!! I am stoked to go out there considering its less than 5 miles from my house. I couldnt agree more about picking up more than you take, but also we need to call out these a**holes that dont pick their crap up. These areas are here for our enjoyment and are only here as long as we take care of them. If any one is down to go shooting and do some pick up send me a message.

Lead_Rain 10-02-2013 7:12 PM

The End of Steele Peak?

I hope this doesn't close Steele Peak permanently. Sounds very close...

The Perris Valley Line project is a 24 mile extension of the Metrolink 91 Line, currently providing service from Riverside to Fullerton and downtown Los Angeles.
The terminus of the line is in the City of Perris at Route 74 and Ethanac Road.

http://lakeelsinore-wildomar.patch.c...r-74-in-perris

Think4WD 10-02-2013 9:28 PM

I was out there the other day myself and I didnt think it was very trashed at all. I always shoot BLM land and this was one of the cleanest spots Ive seen. I will say I did see a ton of hoodlums and wish these people knew the law when it comes to shooting at BLM land but what can you do.

springer19 10-02-2013 10:35 PM

Pm me coordinates please.. Would love to help clean up this weekends.. I will be bringing my dads truck and two trash bins and some cousins.. Its going to be my contribution to keep this place open all to enjoy

TheYellowDart 10-03-2013 6:02 AM

If there's ever a cleanup going on on a Wed or Thus let me know. I'll be there.

FastRC45 10-03-2013 11:46 PM

For everyone asking for directions, head to your local National Forest office and have a look at their flyer wall. The Cleveland National forest office in Rancho Bernardo had a pamphlet with pictures of the major turns. Alternately, take a look at Google Earth and search for Maywood Rod and Gun club. The entrance to Steel Peak is just past it. Google Earth will give you a good idea of the layout and where the shooting positions are (the pic must have been a busy day out there - several EZ ups, lots of trucks). I'll be there tomorrow to sight in my .308 before the deer season opener, I have a green Frontier 4 door. Stop by and say hi...

FastRC45 10-03-2013 11:47 PM

Oh, and i'll be bringing a rake and a roll of trash bags...

madsend81 10-04-2013 1:41 PM

Does anyone know if the BLM has temporarily closed this area due to the recent gov' shutdown? Eat Dirt posted in another thread that Bee Canyon had the gates locked. I was planning on going out there next Saturday. I'd like to not make the trip out there to find a gate locked, or chain pulled across the entrance.