Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Riflegear.com (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   CZ 75BD Transfer Question (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=720554)

OC_Gunner 03-09-2013 6:38 AM

CZ 75BD Transfer Question

Hello... Damascus Gun Shop frequently shows CZ 75BDs in stock. They only have 16 round mags and offer to break them down and ship as rebuild kits. Would you guys be able to transfer the gun to me with the rebuild kits or should I obtain 10rd mags here locally first (I recently saw them on display locally)? Or am I just out of luck because the sku may be different entirely due to the 16rd mags?

xjdesertfox 03-09-2013 6:46 AM

We just discussed this in another thread. I believe that they must go by the manufacturer's product code to determine roster status.

and the model with a 16rnd mag is not rostered. Just like how the same gun in a different color could be off roster since the sku is different.

OC_Gunner 03-09-2013 7:00 AM

There are a few guys in here that have used DGS before, I wonder if they were LE or did an SSE or something.

Dan Wang 03-28-2013 9:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC_Gunner (Post 10759815)
There are a few guys in here that have used DGS before, I wonder if they were LE or did an SSE or something.

I bought a gun from Damascus that was off roster. They had to to ship it to an 07FFL and they did the SSE for me. They are CA friendly and offered to ship the magazines disassembled to my residence or the FFL would have to block them for me prior to my taking possession.

If the SKU is not on the CA roster, you have to single shot exempt it.

Riflegear 03-29-2013 8:34 AM

xjdesertfox makes a very good point in that the roster listing must be exact to the gun you are buying. For the most part, if it is a difference in the number because of a "P" it would be negligible since that just means "package", but since every manufacturer handles their listings differently (and DOJ doesn't seem to uniformly list their guns on the roster), we have to take things on a case by case basis.

Firstly, lets just let it be known that we cannot transfer or sell rebuild kits. It is not because we don't want to, but it is far too risky a venture to engage in as licensee. The gun however does not need to come with a magazine to be transferred.

Second, I would check with your seller to find out what the SKU is exactly. You want to compare the listing on DOJ's roster to make sure that it matches. There are other things to be aware of. For instance, if a feature on a particular gun changes, and we know about it, it is no longer roster compliant (e.g. the gun has different grips, a custom trigger, a different finish, etc.). DOJ only considers a gun that is bone stock, to be the one that is listed on the roster, so it must be in that condition when it arrives here to be transferred. The only exceptions to that rule are single-shot guns and Olympic pistols (as well as LEO exemptions of course).

As a further example, Springfield Armory produces XD pistols in numerous configurations. Every little change on an XD gets a different SKU number. Even though they are all reasonably identical to each other, each gun is a different gun and must be tested and listed as such with DOJ. If you get a black one, that will have a different SKU number than a green one, etc. Further, Springfield does have different SKU designations for their 10 round packages so beware of what you are ordering.

The CZ 75 BD that is listed on the roster currently is 01130. Please check the roster yourself as well to also ensure that the gun matches by caliber, finish, barrel length, etc.

Also, we are good with transferring SSE pistols like we always have. We cannot do the conversion for you but we are happy to accept pre-converted transfers.